"Moria's Race" Open Movie Project

Oh no!

You know stories about cool action scenes, like the infamous inception’s hallway fight scene where in the scrip it basically says “they fight” and the director needs to come up with everything on the day of shooting? Well it’s seems like we have this in Moria’s Race LOL.

This is my next scene:

I wanted to basically show off refractions in cycles, so I didn’t think much about what is happening in the tube, or how she overtakes the guys that she overtakes. But I know that she needs to advance exactly two cars in this tube.

The soundtrack for the scene is about 55 seconds to a minute. And I can’t believe that I’m saying it, but this track is published as an addon ( by me ) for Super Tux Kart and I just tried going into the pipe and seeing how much seconds it would take me to drive it through. It took me 15 seconds. We need to stretch the animation somehow 5X without slowmotion. The only way that I see to do it is using rubber-banding editing technique. It’s obvious in films where a door is automatically closing and the character needs to deal with something else before he can slip through the door. So we constantly see the door starting to close from a earlier place, each time we see the door.

I can also insert a lot of closeups and angles. I hope I can make it work. LOL.