"Moria's Race" Open Movie Project

preview

Just finished animating this shot. This is a 20% resolution 32 samples render in a Gif format. But it gives a general idea of the shot.

1 Like

The race!!!

I’m procrastinating again!

2 Likes

Lol
Could be an actual game asset, though!

Sorry just showing off.

1 Like

preview

Layout of the crash!

1 Like

preview

Slight hand animation. And bit of sculpted shape keys.

2 Likes

preview

EEVEE suprisingly looks not too bad. But the glass doesn’t look like glass. And I love cycles more. Still cool for test renders I suppose.

3 Likes

This looks really cool- wouldn’t racers in something like this be wearing a full harness, though? Unless this is more of a seedy underground type thing

1 Like

I thought of that. And yes you are right. But this is a race on a track with huge loops and other dangerous obstacles. It’s not really a race to see who’s faster, but more like an obstacle course where you win by not crashing till the end. It doesn’t make sense, but it’s a movie world where decide the rules, so I guess they don’t wear harnesses. Also they don’t have pit stops and the entrance to the track is free for anyone who wants. Imagine a different dimension where automotive safety was never invented. That’s where this movie is happening.

1 Like

Fair enough :slight_smile: Not everything in movies needs to make sense, a lot of time it’s better when stuff doesn’t anyway. And hey, it looks cool, which ultimately takes priority over everything else :grin:

1 Like

It doesn’t only look cool. The blue car is operated by an 11 yr old girl who stole the car. And this shot is meant to elevate the level of tension to 11. Which it does if you see the edit of the scene around it. The more she progresses through the race, the more I want to communicate how much of a bad idea she had to go into the race in the first place. So when she ultimately wins you feel that it’s earned and a kind of miracle.

Also the crash shot is almost fully rendered. Soon I’ll send here the final of this shot.

1 Like

Rendered and with sound 1080p!

1 Like

preview

I need to establish that this is a semi-dangerous turn with no rails, before everything goes horribly wrong. I hope this sudden camera move will not invoke weird feeling. With sound and in context, thus far, looks dope.

1 Like

More cool shots.

1 Like

preview

And again EEVEE is surprisingly not bad at all for testing purposes.

1 Like

Just a short viewport render of a short part of the scene.

2 Likes

Damn! This tunnel part will look amazing.

preview

Tight space here.

1 Like