"Moria's Race" Open Movie Project

Look what I did for a few pixels. I should be banned from developing video games. This is absolutely unbelievable waste of computer power.

So I have a shot that looks like this:

And you can see some vague color pixels on the observation towers. Here is what this is:

Fully rigged, animated characters!

I’ve added some more… Here is a render of that.

And what it looks like in viewport.

The thinking is, that those people at the bottom walk over to see where the race is taking place currently. So they have a walk animation. The guy at the top hold the rail and look down. And a few make a selfie, with a light flash. I hope I’ll see some flashes in the animation.

Mmm… I don’t know what to do. Or whether to do anything at all.

You can see that there are two reflections in the glass. One is the glass itself and the other is from the water outside of the glass. The problem is that the second reflection seems stronger in this shot. And the car looks floating. While technically there is the first reflection that confirms that it touches the glass.

I could fiddle around with materials. But I don’t want to change the look of the tube. It looks good to me and I already spent like a few weeks rendering previous shots in it. So I think I will do nothing at all. And hope that people could see the two reflections.

Moria goes onto a loop.

output

Designing a new crash sequence. ( Yes sequence. It will have more than one shot. )

output

And now that it’s a bit smashed we need some particles.

output

Eevee is for some reason so much darker than Cycles. I can’t even see the car coming.

output

Sharon got wrecked! But she’s still alive and fine.

1 Like

output

Low res, low samples test render with Cycles.

output

More destruction!

output

Added a doors animation. Look how much more it sells the impacts.

output

One car got wrecked!

output

Now the Green car got Wrecked!

1 Like

This is a different angle. A kind of promo render.

output

It’s getting there. There a few tweaks and it’s ready.

A bit with sound!

1 Like

I had to destabilize the crash shot a little, so I used a dutch angle ( when you tilt the camera a bit ) and so it made me try a dutch angle on these 3. And it’s perfect for them!

1 Like

I ended up not using this angle, because it didn’t cut well with the previous shot. Bummer.

1 Like

if youre up for some constructive criticism the faces feel a little flat…same with the anatomy in general, there isnt much defined shapes on them, they all kinda smooth between each other awkwardly

same with the eyes that look a little melted in and the hair that just looks completely disconnected, if you wanna do some practice on sculpting faces i’d recomend checking up some cartoon face modelling videos togheter with texturing(painting some details in)

but hey good luck on the movie!

1 Like

I noticed all of it. And I will be designing a much better characters for the next movie. I already have the script written. And that time it will be a feature length one. I’m kind of scared to be honest.