most wanted features for future blender

lol.

yeah that works for hiding vertices/polygonal areas.

but what i’m saying is to make vertices only visible
when they’re facing the camera. or to be able to completely turn off the visibility of vertices so all you see are edges and faces.
like in lightwave and metasequoia. wings is pretty good with selection/data display too.

:slight_smile:

maybe one can already do this…i dunno.

i just want more built in export and import formats so i can use my models in different game engines and multiple undo’s would also be nice.

I am not sure if this feature already exist?
Anyway, greater flexibility in Object (hierarchy) orient window is my wish.

It would be nice to have the ability to
link-unlink, append, delete… etc, objects inside Object orient window.

And a function to prewiew all things via popup window
who show a miniatyre of texture, 3D model …etc,
when you point to a icon in Object orient window.

…Just rightclick a icon and you can reloade, delete, replace that material, texture, model…

viktorivar

for the game engine: a saving option(to save the progress of games like in RPGS). :smiley:

ztonzy>VRML is not a fileformat for the future as I see it …

Well, the VRML community is quite large and the format is established.

I suggest you ignore it at your peril.

Oh, and one more:

Ability to align objects and vertices… or is it there yet?

Yeah all of this is great!

But please, please, please /crying mode/ don’t change these hotkeys :o took me two years to learn them all! The new interface should be 2.23 compatible if you see what i mean? New tools, new architecture but (somehow 8) ) the same base… isn’t this twisted? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ciao
Dani

I bet quite a lot of people would go on killingfrenzy if that’d happen :slight_smile:

all nowaday features clean of bugs!

… my jot

[please no flaming]we don’t need a raytracer. We need better python access to blender[/please no flaming]

would be great if…

some basic readme with like hotkeys or something…

hotkeys to run python scripts … (like export current file, and send to renderer, display on screen when completed, or divide the selected faces in two along their length…)

polygon determined bounding boxes in game engine (maybe will have to be convex though)

some sort of physics in the rendered world.

Cloth, and hair, and fur, and grass, and leaves, and tree branch simulation, and rendering, is (sort-of) complicated, and slow.

Changing the hotkeys would be a cardinal sin as far as software design is concerned. The more correct approach would be to make the hotkeys completely customizable, so that users who wanted to modify them could do so without affecting anyone else.