Mtree won't activate

I just downloaded mtree 4.02 for windows and installed it into blender 3.2 and when I click to enable the addon nothing happens. It won’t mark the box as checked. Does anyone know why this is?

I believe the Mtree addon has been broken a while.

Yeap… see also here:

Really unfortunate, considering how good the meshing (and workflow) is compared to other tree addons I’ve seen.

The repository also appears to be inactive: the last release was in December, and the last commit on any branch was also around that time.

I did find an open issue that suggests that if you recompile the addon it will work (looks like the Python version needed to be rolled), and provides a few binaries compiled by the community that does that for various platforms.

I’m gonna be that guy who toots his own horn here right fast.

If anyone needs trees, I’m currently working on an entirely geonode based alternative to MTree. If anyone wants to try it out, I have an earlier version available for download here near the bottom of the thread.

2 Likes

GeoTrees looks promising. I will give that a try. I have a copy of blender 3.0 and UPBGE and mtrees seems to load fine in those. it just doesn’t seem to work in blender 3.1 and newer

1 Like

Download this Version

it should work :wink:

1 Like