Multi-user

Apparently there has been some work which should pave the way for multi-user vse(for the BF inhouse productions), I don’t know if you noticed?
https://developer.blender.org/rBb9f565881e15f13f5f30b6aca9fc656b3f92b900
Which lead to this committed patch:
https://developer.blender.org/T78768

3 Likes

Wow nice !
Thanks for sharing this, it will help a lot to deal with the VSE movie strips dependencies !

Apparently this is the add-on using the vse sync: https://gitlab.com/blender/playsync

1 Like

Thanks @tin2tin ! It looks great :+1:

Dude! Your Addon is UNDERRATED!!! Now we can achieve things faster, better, and happier… TOGETHER! More over, addon can relieve depression, and because of this, people do not commit suicide… YOU ARE LITERALLY SAVING LIVES!

PLEASE DON’T GIVE UP ON THIS. Is there some donations going on, like Patreon? I would like support this.

Thanks for YOUR WORK and i’m follow for updates.

1 Like

Hi @st4zik,
thanks for your interest !
I am actively working on it, the 0.0.3 is almost out ^^
Feel free to join the discord server to get fresh development updates and get involved :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just found this, and I installed it, but I get this error

This is really fun to use!
I tried putting my public IP addon settings but I can’t even start a host. So I’d have to do that over hamachi/zerotier or something. The port I’m using is forwarded.
And when I try to type in my ddns that runs on the router, it just doesn’t let me enter it, so maybe you could add support for that too?
That would be so cool! I wanna do some stuff with my friends who are still blender newbies and teaching them like that could be very cool I imagine!

1 Like

@Hibyehello It seems that a dependency hasn’t been correctly installed :thinking:
Did you start blender with admin right on the first launch ?
If the problem persist feel free to head up to discord support channel to get a quick help :slight_smile:

Thanks @Ikxi :slight_smile:
Your internet hosting problem it could come from the firewall (You can try to disable your firewall for public networks). I wrote a small tutorial about session hosting over internet here, I hope it will help :crossed_fingers:

I read throught he guide and in the portforwarding section it seems like I need to have other ports forwarded on my router.
That could have maybe been the problem.
Or is it ok, if I change the port grafik in this panel and then connect with this port?

If you change the port in the panel to 39674 (like in the screenshot), you will have to forward ports 39674,39675,39676,39677 :slight_smile:

Ahh ok.
I just have 2 ports forwarded.
But thanks for the response!

Maybe ZeroTier could be a better fit in your case (as you suggested earlier).
The plus with this is that you don’t have to do any port forwarding.
Feel free to ask any question about the required network configuration in the support section on discord to get a quicker answer :wink:

Wow fast.

Yea thanks I recently joined the discord after someone from the Mixer Blender chat gave me the link to that.

Much appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks to the support of this amazing community, the 0.1.0 has been released :rocket:
It can be downloaded here .
In addition to fixes and refactoring it includes:

• UI sync flags
  • Sync Axis lock replication
  • Sync collection offset
  • Sync camera orthographic scale
  • Sync custom fonts
  • Sync sound files
  • Edit Mode updates [experimental]
  • Logging configuration (file output and level)
  • Dependency graph driven updates [experimental]

More details can be found in the changelogs .
Feel free to participate in any way such as feedback’s, use cases, bugs, patches.

3 Likes

It’s look good congrat.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone’s work, the 0.1.1 has been released :rocket:
It includes a lot of fixes !
Here is the download link.
In addition, it also has:

• A new session status viewport widget
  • Documentation improvements ( @poochyc )
  • Server managements scripts ( @poochyc )

More details can be found in the release note.
Feel free to participate in any way such as feedback’s, use cases, bugs, patches !

1 Like

Hello @slumber

A friend and I would love to use the multi-user addon. However, we cannot connect via our networks and Zerotier, we’ve tried different IP addresses and ports. We’re attempting to connect wirelessly over the internet, we’d love to get to the bottom of it!

Best,

G

Hi @Gauntghentgaunt :wave:
I wrote a small internet hosting tutorial that might help with the ZeroTier configuration.
Did both of you have the connection status set to ok into the zerotier client ?

If you join the multi-user discord, we can carry on the discussion in the #support channel :slight_smile:

Yes it said ‘OK’ In the client!