Music video short film, Blaze The F*** Up

Hi Everyone,

Today I’m releasing a music video I’ve been working on for some time now, I had been posting my progress on this forum, so if you’re interested in the behind-the-scenes, go here.

THE Project

With two musician friends of mine, we form the band CURL, an interdisciplinary crew mixing Music, cinema, dance and vjing through a show of 1 hour. You can get more info about the crew here

If our music interests you, you can listen to it right on streaming platforms like here. We are beginning so we only have several tracks at the moment.

In the crew I’m doing all visual-related stuff : photography, set design, graphic design but more importantly VJING ! We have a giant screen on stage just behind us which show vjing during the whole show.

The clip is fully rendered with Blender, post-production and editing is done with Da Vinci Resolve.
The robot has been done by Neelo, then uv mapped, and shaded by myself. Animations are mostly recorded by ourselves with a rokoko mocap suit and the buildings of the city come from Kitbash3D. Textures are mostly from the Quixel Megascan library.

Lore

The music video picks his references in pop culture (the first reference was the animated Batman opening of 92), Star Wars movies and other anticipation or sci-fi movies. The video clip is part of series of tracks that share this post-AI, techno-futurist meta universe. The story takes place in a short-term future, something like 2070.

PITCH

A crew of Hackers called “Technomancian” hijacks Elon Musk. Over the past years, he had built a whole society of androïds with collective intelligence. The hack will liberate the thinking of the society and let the emergence of the first cultural revolution of a post-AI androïde society.

Hope you liked it, would be a huge help for me if you could share it with friends and family that love this kind of content, Have a good day !

4 Likes

strange but appealing images… f*cking dynamic, plenty of energy and with quite a lot interesting visual effects. Great work! it’s a hard work finishing a videoclip animation, congratulations

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like