My 3D adventure fighting game

(blenderaptor) #21

thank you ! I will test all that in a while. I’m not against to collaborate with a good artist on my game and someone who is really good on ressource optimisation. Im more into making animations :smiley:

Here below, the map is running. I would like my game to run very fluent on old machines and like a true arcade game. For the moment, even if the map is huge it runs well (the screen capture make it drop to 50 fps)

direct link : https://streamable.com/t/l7way

1 Like

(wkk.py) #22

Nice video! But the body normals look inverted right?

0 Likes

(blenderaptor) #23

thx!

i have no idea ha ha. I’m noob with all those things. I think i just put a white material texture. GLSL , Backface culling, occlusion, shaders … bla bla bla … so many options i dont know

0 Likes

BGE : Where are the collabrative projects ? Creation of a Wiki?
(blenderaptor) #24

huh ?!?

1 Like

(blenderaptor) #25

can someone suggest me what can i do to give the character some inertia when falling ? I want him to fall going a bit foward.

1 Like

(blenderaptor) #26

I had some difficulties making the NavMesh + Steering couple working properly on a map with different levels. So i created a checkpoints system + getVectTo() holly function. So rather making a messy navmesh , i just used empties as targets for the npc. My character can notify its presence to the npc, in which case, the npc can takes you as a target as long as you don’t escape too far. When the npc resumes his path, he finds the closest checkpoint on the level he is.

Sorry for the glitches at then end, screen-capture does that.

1 Like

(CYNIC78) #27

Good old waypoint system. Very nice! :slight_smile:

1 Like

(blenderaptor) #28

thx ! i have so many ideas for my game but i see that my work will be just exponential . But the more i go into the project, the more i see that stability is all , which make the project slower to make . That why i was talking about a collaborative template in the other thread. It’s a pity everyone playing with BGE has to make the same things over and over…

1 Like

BGE : Where are the collabrative projects ? Creation of a Wiki?
(Fred/K.S) #29

now this is what i wanted to see from the beginning!

Great work bro!

Fred/K.S

0 Likes