My first Character... Manga Girl Skate(WIP):

Thanks! Blendroid! my smooth is about .5 though I still don’t get it. :confused:. ( I’m so noob ).
T_T I got problem with rigging while following tp8000cfv’s tutorial, I am at the shape key tutorial 8-9. My shape keys wont work.
the shape key is with skate head. this is what I do.

1. I hit add shape key (basis)
  2. move the cheek bone to make her smile
  3. hit add shape key again named it smile
  4. put the slider to 1
  5. tries if the shape key work and it does not work.
    :frowning: T_T wahhhh!

that is when i try to move the slider from 0 to 1 and nothing happens. T_T.
    PS. Advance Christmas. T_T

If I understand you correctly, you’re going about it wrong (don’t worry, things like shape keys are just as confusing as materials when you’ve not used them before).

When you add the first shape key, Basis, you should just leave that one alone. You then click Add Shape Key again; this will make a duplicate of the current shape key. Name it “smile,” and with that key active go into edit mode to make the smile shape. Remember, whenever you go into edit mode, you’ll be editing the currently shown shape key! Make sure that you don’t inadvertently mess up any of them! :wink:

Thank you very much Blendroid,:slight_smile: i was thinking if I’m abusing your kindness.
It was really my first time to work with shape keys i try it in a cube and it work correctly, i try it in my mesh by pulling some vertices and it work correctly.
But when i try to move the bone the would pull the latices so she could smile , then go to edit mode to have the it in the shapekey it is where it won’t work.

To show my gratitude to you. I try to work with the skateboard so you could see that i was working with the toon. :slight_smile:
deck :shader: toon ref: .730, size, 1.370, smooth .440, spec .550 size .400 smooth .400
wheels: :shader: toon ref: .900, size, 1.2, smooth .400, spec .300 size .400 smooth .500

Thank you very much!

ps. the second one is done with yafray render

Attachments

Hello there! I made a quick render for Christmas. Merry Christmas To all.
Thank you for those who help for this project.
This is a gift for you, Open that box yahaaaa! :smiley:

PS. The face rig is not perfect, sorry for that i have trouble with shapekeys. Aha! I forgot to add ribbons.

Attachments

Merry Christmas to you, too !

i like this rendern, but i think the skin looks a bit to much like 3d :wink: but i think you will fix it soon :smiley:

Hello I haven’t updated the thread for sometime, I am just bumping in. I have leave Skate but I promise to finish her. I take a rest and enjoy the long vacation. ^^ I have manage to do something, It is not about Skate but other . I decided to post it here.

I have become so lazy because of the vacation and I’ve dedicating some time to my online game character.

How could I get some glow(for the blue part).

The drawing for this is by my cousin.

Cool sword! Particles are generally good for a glow effect but it depends on the kind of glow you’re after.

Hi. That is a really great character for your first one. I did this real quick.

I did it in the compositor. I just blurred the default cube so it looks like a glow effect. I learned the technique from Andy’s video Creature Factory. It is worth the money to order if you have it. A glow effect like that is a good reason to learn compositing.

Oh thanks, I was working with the compositor but I don’t get along with it. ^^ , I can’t work to skate for a while, my school project is too many.

model her jacket on top of her then use the Modifier: ShrinkWrap to adhere it to her body. With a little tweaking you can get it to fit her then you do the extrusion

Very cool character. Her clothes and hat are awesome.

About 2 years yaw… :stuck_out_tongue: pumping life to this thread again. Have not been able to finish this project but really wanna finish it. I have finish some personal blender project but can’t find time to dedicate for this one T_T.
I have lost the feel for the original model, so I started the project all over again. My big problem for this project is the face rigging that I messed up.

I think I have improved the body and the face.

Attachments