My Pc build

Its taking me a while to save up for the 3960x cpu, and at the moment they are all out of stock as well as th 32 core 3970x, the only one in stock but only limited amount is the 64 core 3990x, o well tell you what i play reverse phycology i aim to save up to 6500 and in the process the 3960x becomes plenty and half way to the 64 core, i go and purchase 3960x 24 core.

Its taking me a while to save up for the 3960x cpu, and at the moment they are all out of stock as well as th 32 core 3970x, the only one in stock but only limited amount is the 64 core 3990x, o well tell you what i play reverse phycology i aim to save up to 6500 and in the process the 3960x becomes plenty and half way to the 64 core, i go and purchase 3960x 24 core.

I am getting too far behind purchase the TRX4 24 core cpu, there always not available, but i do still have my TR4 motherboard, it seems to be too dificult to reach $2,400 i should have stick to TR4, by the time i reach the riddiculase price of a 24, 32 or 64 core it will be superseeded, a waist of money.

If you had mentioned from the start that you donā€™t have the money for it I would have recommended from the start to instead go for the AM 4 platform instead and a Ryzen 9 3950x CPU.

Its too late for that now, well it would take me up to 10 months to save, and anyway, even if i did have the money, the 3960x is not available, maybe after the covid 19 i think there be more available, no i cant give in.

Yeah, covid has messed up a great many of plans I recon. :frowning:

One thing i could say, i come out better in the end

1 Like

Way to stay positive. :slight_smile:

Hay a RTX 3080 is only about 1500 AUD and it do not support SLI.

You mean NVLink? No it doesnā€™t. But you can still use multiple of them for CUDA rendering, just canā€™t pool the memory afaik.

Ah I see you meant in games. Not a big loss since SLI and Crossfire were never great to begin with. And neither NVidia or AMD have really been doing much with multi gpu for games for years now.

Informally they stopped supporting it years ago.

Well i found something better, i think i go for the RTX 3090 GPU which does support 4 way sli also will love the X3960 CPU without any CPU Bottle necking. :+1:t2:

Hay i spoke to some on Unreal forum about using the 3960X CPU and a RTX 3090 i they say go for it, but remember peoples system capabilities as well for PS5 and latest X Box X, but i will be ahead of the class, istead of behind.

Yes and no. If and when you want you should be able to disable some cores through bios for testing purposes but also the many core chips like threadripper and epyc will likely run at lower base clocks so different advantages and disadvantages.

Overall for a workstation a TR is really good, for gaming the regular Ryzen systems are better and the latest gen of those that was just announced and will be released some time near future is looking to be the best for a while.

Hi i am thinking i still need to finish pc build. So i had a looksy at NAB $55,000 unsecured personal loans, to purchase the rest i probly, only need about 12 gees

Iā€™m not a financial advisor so I cant in good conscience tell you if thatā€™s the right move for you. But what I can tell you is that in my opinion if the financial risk is unwarranted then it might be best to avoid it.

Worth also putting out here the thought that if you just want to recoup your investments so far though then it might be an option to perhaps take the loan, finish the build and sell the system to get majority of the money already invested back perhaps.

Could always go for a more moderate build after that.

1 Like

Hi guess what all i have to purchase for my Build is a 3960X CPU and a 4TB SSD and a 3090 GPU, but i go for 2 of those 4TB SSD, a C drive and a D drive.

Another thing, i was trying to find a suitable case to support my sTRX motherboard so i chose the Corsair Graphite 780T PC case, regarding the specs. it say max motherboard support TR4, but i scroll down farther, case supports sTRX4,

See as you can see Compatibility, but also i got as well for my liquid water cooler is that mighty, Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler. See my motherboaed is a XL-ATX.

My only worry with that cooler is that the cold-plate might be too small for a threadripper, other than that the brand is fine. See the cold plate on this one for comparison:
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-liquid-coolers/masterliquid-ml360-rgb-tr4/

5 posts were split to a new topic: Building a budget PC for Blender 2.8+

All i have left to purchase, is a 3960X CPU, a RTX3090 not top of the range around $2,999, 2 by 4Tb SSD and a 34" 4K Monitor around $1,999 so i havent got much left, i got 2 of the best Razer products a Razer Blackwidow v3 Pro, and that $289 razer mouse. and a Goliathus mouse pad,