my recent heart opperation if anyone is interested

LOL

well i have (had) a minor issue with my heart. whenever i ran, like really hard core ran, my heart would go from about 100 (normal) to 250 beats per minute (very abnormal) in a split second and would stay at 250 beats per minute for ages and ages untill it randomly stoped and went back to about 80, (goes from about 180 - 80 in 1 beat time LOL) (“supraventricular tachecardia”, perhaps my spelling is wrong)

basicly an electrical short circuit in my heart, an extra pathway that goes in a loop really. so the brain stops controling the heart rate if it goes off.

so anyway i got on the waiting list about 1.5 years ago- 2 years ago. lots of waiting, more waiting LOL…

well tuesday was my appointment, and they just cut a tiny little cut in my leg and stuck 4 tubes up my viens to my heart, and triggered my heart rate via drugs and electrical signals.

the goal was for the doctor to Find, and Destroy the malfunctioning part of my heart.

4 tubes i think were used to locate the issue then 1 was used to burn the tiny patch of my heart that was a problem.

after many ECG’s (you know the sticky patch things they connect wires to) and stuff in the morning, a groin shave, and an IV line, they took me down to the opperating theater on a bed (luxury service really) and then put me onto a really flat hard bed with 4 tv’s an X-ray machine above my heart, and a second room off the side with a big glass window.

about 5 doctors were in the theater with me, and another 5 in the technicians room off to the side using their computers)

the tv screens, 1 was for the ECG readings from the 12 sticky elecrical things on me, 1 was for the internal tubes (not in yet but soon to be), the other two were for the X-ray machines images, the x-ray machines moves around under control from the other room.

well they gave me local anisthetic, and one dose of sedatives, then made two cuts in my groin (i could feel them still) (BTW i was awake the whole time pretty much)

then they started stickng tubes up my leg, and OMG they feel fucked up, i was squirming and laughing a bit, i mean its not often you get tubes in your veins going to your heart. then i asked for some more sedatives LOL. so they kept pumping me the sedatives over the next hour or so. but i was still very much awake.

well they started giving me bags of an adrenaline type thing to trigger a heart episode of high speed heart action. because they ahd increased by blood pressure to get the utbe in my viens when my heart rate increased from about 80 to 250 BPM it felt like it was gonna pop out of my chest (my chest was of course not cut open because everything was done via my groin, through a tiny tiny hole, so no scars at all, not even a stitch)

well they had full control over my heart rate, and were giving it a damn good thrashing, me of course feeling pretty damn funny. always smiling coz it was a pretty good show.

well my heart went into fibulation and was beating rather randomly, i felt totally fine (probably the sedatives) and could easily feel that my heart had a strange rythym (it was totally awsome actually) well the last thing i heard was.

“well we have found the problem, but i can’t continue with your heart as it is now”

next thing i remember i think i am in the hospital ward, randomly asking the nurse somthing (i hope it was “whats the time” and not somthing really stupid) then going back to sleep coz fuckit those drugs are good shit and desirve a good sleeping to.

then later a doctor comes in and checks my wound on my groin to see if its not bleeding and stuff, i was half out then too, and i think i had a semi boner from random earlierness (but hey i really have no idea coz i was so out on drugs, and i bet they get it all the time. not that i was attracted to him, because honestly it was from earlier before he was there, and besides i’m not gay LOL)

then later the actual doctor comes in who was the cheif of it all. by this time i was fine, and he told me that they used the zapper on me and that is what the mark on my chest was (lol its still there over two days later, big square fucker)

well anyway, i had some good food (icecream was fantastic) and then was allowed to go home (just a few hours after it all, shows what modern technology does) getting out of my hospital gown i noticed about 30 of those electrical things on me (man i had sooo many, they had added another 18 or so since i lost consciouness from a good dose of drugs just before the zapper)

well anyway i looked down to notice a big puddle of relly yucky blood and stuff on the bed, and a big patch of blood on my Pj pants LOL. so i took them off and left them for the nurse’s to clean up LOL (so nice of me)

well basicly it was all very unexciting and rather boring (LOL actually i was grinning the whole day, it was fantastic)

i am fine now, had only two days off university for a heart opperation.

hope you enjoyed, and did i say OMG the whole thing felt sooo weird, weird but kinda good, because anything that is weird IMO is good, not many people will get to experience that kind of feeling.

Alltaken

NZ has free health care? (just asking because you mentioned a wait)

I can’t believe your heart stopped and you’re not freaked out about it. You do realize that’s the only reason they’d use a shocker on you, right?

hey man, glad you came through it in one piece! cheers.

Wow, that is quite a bit to go through. Glad you came out of it ok, and not freaked out hehe. A shame though the couldn’t fix the problem, do you know if they will be able to in the future?

Alltaken, you have way to much going on in your life :smiley: Glad to see you have made it through that segment of the medical system with good results.
BTW, the brain does not directly control the heart rate. The heart is the only muscle in the body that has it’s own control center. It is called the sino-atrial node and it is located at the bottom tip of the heart. I got to see open heart surgery on a 12 year old girl years ago. They routed all her blood into big machine and there it was :o , the girls chest wide open, a beating heart with no blood in it and the sewing gear a lined up. She lived through it! :smiley:

i you have something all the time dont you :wink: . not feeling your face. getting a job and getting fired. problems with your hearth. ect.

but hey, you still live. and you had another experiance.

Wow Alltaken, that’s neat.

So, I guess your heart still beats fast like that when you run fast?

Good to see you are doing well and in good spirits!

Thanx for the very descriptive narrative. Sounds like something you may be making a render of.

“The veins of Alltaken”

Keep Blending!

Tim

Congrats on pulling through man. BTW how old are you? You seem to be going through a lot and i was just wondering.

Hopefully they will figure out a way to fix the problem within a few years.

It’s truly encouraging to hear people can get throught things like this with a smile on their face.

Keep the spirit up!

NZ has free health care? (just asking because you mentioned a wait)

yes totaly free.

i believe the cost of the opperation would have been about $40K for the tax payer (but i’ll pay that back over my life easily)

I can’t believe your heart stopped and you’re not freaked out about it. You do realize that’s the only reason they’d use a shocker on you, right?
no it didn’t stop, it went itnto spasm. they are called defibulators (i think there is another R in there somewhere) they just “reset” the heart they don’t restart it.

A shame though the couldn’t fix the problem, do you know if they will be able to in the future?

oh no they did fix the problem. but i was not awake at the time. they just couldn’t continue with my heart going random, so they put me out then reset my heart and continued

Alltaken, you have way to much going on in your life

LOL yeah i will not disagree with this. however i may retire at 25 so i think it will all be worth it :wink:

as for the heart not being controled by the brain, well the top of the heart has a connection to the brain, which links to the AV node in the centre of the heart and then down to the bottom again and up to the top again, they were doing stuff in the AV node in the centre of my heart between the top and bottom chambers.

i you have something all the time dont you icon_wink.gif . not feeling your face. getting a job and getting fired. problems with your hearth. ect.

yeah i like to keep entertained.

So, I guess your heart still beats fast like that when you run fast?

na its all fixed. there is about 5% chance that it is not fixed, but the doctor likes to take it easy, otherwise i would have had a 1% chance of getting a pacemaker LOL.

“The veins of Alltaken”

LOL na i don’t actually blend anything you know (well i do occasionally, but its pretty rare these days,

Congrats on pulling through man. BTW how old are you? You seem to be going through a lot and i was just wondering.

20 years old. prime of my life. best time to be the most busy, then i can spend the older years relaxing.

It’s truly encouraging to hear people can get throught things like this with a smile on their face.

everything i do has a smile on my face. i wouldn’t have it any other way.

thanks peops, now off to university LOL

Alltaken

Talk about a harsh experiment, it’s never fun to have to spend time at a hospital and need surgery done like that. But good you were okay. :wink:

na it was AWSOME.

seriously i loved every minute of it, i had the biggest girn ever all day.

i mean i love new experiences, and even if its sticking tubes up your veins, it not often people experience that, and i actually enjoyed it.

everything has a good aspect to it (well almost, torture doesn’t sound cool)

Alltaken

Ah good, I thought he meant he couldn’t fix your heart at all :slight_smile:

You know what you have to do now right?

Make a Blender animation of the whole procedure, with close-ups of your heart. :slight_smile:

My uncle has that condition I believe. No biggy for the operation from what I hear. You’ll do fine. :slight_smile:

Alltaken, you deserve a medal for letting doctors put tubes through your veins (even more so, in your groin area) and laughing about it.

Glad to know you’re doing better.

It’s a good thing you don’t have a scar, you won’t be tempted to show it off while drunk. :stuck_out_tongue:

Martin

Not fair he gets heart surgery and he gets no scare and I get bladder and kidney surgery and I get a scar that will haunt my groin area till Im an old man.
Why isnt there a scar anyway?
(Theeth, maybe change his status to something really funny for a week to commerate his up beat attitude toward his surgery.)

Not a bad idea.
I couldn’t find one particularly funny so I had to settle for one partly funny. Fire away with suggestions.

Martin

Having had something similar (though not nearly as exciting; I don’t have paddle marks on my chest) I can attest to the fact that heart surgery nowadays almost ranks as a “minor” operation. Here in the US if they don’t have to cut open your chest it’s not even considered an operation anymore; it’s a “procedure”.

And sorry Gryphon, but no scar!!! In fact once the bruising goes away you can’t even find the insertion site.

In fact, the worst part of my whole procedure was getting off the thrice-damned condom catheter (you can’t get out of bed for hours after the procedure). It’s basically a condom with a tube leading to a collection bag. And it’s lined with adhesive!!! The pain in my chest before the procedure was nothing compared to getting that thing off!

I also had a catheter. I had that and an epidermal (where the numb you from the waist down with a huge needle in your spine.)
I stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks. It was fun because i was 14 and all the nurses were REAL nice to me. Old enough to like it and young enough where they could do it.