N00bs 2.0 Current Progress

IF YOU ARE A MEMBER, PLEASE READ THE TO-DO LIST!

Project started on: January 6, 2008.
Current date: March 13, 2008
Complete:

• Create basic 3D environment (thanks to Cloud_GL)
  • Create/animate Hero (thanks to Cloud_GL, FunkyWyrm)
  • Create Boss Monster (thanks to Cloud_GL, FunkyWyrm)
  • Environment textures (thanks to yournamehere)
  • Small house created (thanks to funddevi)
  • Barrel object (thanks to blackhawk0900)
  • Model Gate to factory area (thanks to yournamehere)
  • Model of Male and Female NPCs (thanks to yournamehere, Cloud_GL)
  • Modelled and Textured Buildings: Small house, Large house, Store building, City Hall (Moshanator, yournamehere)
  • Modelled and textured Large Gate in front of Hollow Hill (thanks to yournamehere)
  • Model a small fence for pig pen (Lilgrudgeboy)
  • Creating Boss AI (Thanks to FunkyWyrm)Current Members:

Art Director: Cloud_GL
Concept Director: Yournamehere
Lead Animator/AI Programmer: FunkyWyrm

Modelling Team:
blackhawk0900
Moshanator
funddevi

Animation Team:
funddevi

Junior Members (sorry, just haven’t been organized XD ) :
Lilgrudgeboy
Lad

Concept Phase results:

• Name: Hero of the Day
  • Main Character: Traveler; Description: Middle-age man, wanderer, swordsman, past peacekeeper
  • Secondary Characters: Wolf Monster; Description: Giant wolf that attacks the town and gets killed by Traveler
  • Story: A man who goes by Traveler comes upon a small town nestled in the mountains/cliffs, the townspeople seem disheveled. A monster has been attacking the city, and Traveler kills it.
  • Goal: Defeat the monster by attacking it with a sword.
  • Overall Description: Action/Adventure, settings rural with old/new/strange technology and gizmosSee Cloud_GL’s basics: here

Current Phase: Finishing Touches

SCREEN SHOTS And ARTWORK:

– The best we have so far, Hero and Wolf, final models:
http://cloud.gl.googlepages.com/heroShot.png
http://cloud.gl.googlepages.com/wolfShot.png

– Concept Art by Yournamehere:

An early monster concept:
/uploads/default/original/3X/e/3/e3a3c3cb585a557aa8dfe6fab962bcf0cfa26c75.jpgd=1199743885

Basically the same monster with a different style:
/uploads/default/original/3X/a/1/a1a93e94e409e5ba3d029636f5b795b0f3a41360.pngd=1199752222

An early model for the town hall:

This is a concept for boss monster we’re going with:

Another picture of the boss that will be in the game (the beta):

And the best image of another boss concept:

Another concept for a boss:
/uploads/default/original/3X/1/6/16b91c0e0549d7fc0aefaf2d3e4c88fcb501ddc2.pngstc=1&thumb=1&d=1200004348

– Concept for a boss by Lad (will probably be used in final game as last boss):

Concept for a boss by Fly at the concept art thread (will likely be used in final game):

Concept for boss by MUNKY at the concept art thread (could be used in the final game):

– Textures by Yournamehere:
/uploads/default/original/3X/0/5/0542f520f535b734ec0238b7d29048bb6eef8ac5.jpgstc=1&d=1200621477 /uploads/default/original/3X/0/a/0acbc4e9ff21a3d0d432c347083222edcb68fa7f.jpgstc=1&d=1200621477 /uploads/default/original/3X/4/2/42b2bc2fd30526c6abdef82018a6ab53f8a6ad38.jpgstc=1&d=1200621477
/uploads/default/original/3X/b/e/be7ee842ece12b353ec5690b39f0b4ea813f38a2.jpgstc=1&d=1200621498 /uploads/default/original/3X/a/1/a1069f71a5353f8cb0bba903588a37ee5bbed2a3.jpgstc=1&d=1200621498 /uploads/default/original/3X/9/7/97217b7ce9631ee663acb05728e4cc82c7aa55c1.jpgstc=1&d=1200621498

– With a color scheme by Cloud_GL:
http://cloud.gl.googlepages.com/terrainpallette.png
Sword Model by Josh1zn

Sword Model by Artharos

– Concept for NPC by Magnel from the concept art thread:

– Concept for NPC by Lad (won’t likely be used, but never know):

– Buildings by Moshanator (modelled and textured):

{PLACEHOLDER}

Wolf Battle Plan by FunkyWyrm (a little less interesting to read, perhaps):
############### BEFORE FIGHT STARTS ############
~Wolf is wandering around.
~When the Hero first comes into range of the Wolf, the Wolf stalks up to the Hero and sniffs him :slight_smile:
~The Wolf will follow the Hero around until the Hero hits him, or until a timer runs out.
~The Wolf howls and the fight starts.

################### FIRST PHASE #################
~The Wolf will use small attacks to the front only.
~If the Hero tries to hide under the Wolf, the Wolf will rear up and roar and the fight will move to the second phase.
~If the Hero causes a specific amount of damage, the Wolf will rear up and roar and the fight will enter the second phase.

################## SECOND PHASE ################
~The Wolf will attack in the full 360 degree area around himself using all but the longer ranged frontal attacks.
~When the Hero causes a certain amount of damage, the fight will enter the third phase.

################### THIRD PHASE ##################
~The Wolf will use the full range of attacks available to him.
~When the Wolf’s health reaches a certain level it will occasionally use a formidable, fast, long-range “pounce” attack (action yet to be created).
~The Wolf will also be able to “run” (action yet to be created), and will run after the Hero, headbutting him to the ground, and clawing the ground where the Hero would fall. The Hero must evade or face near certain death.
~When near to death, the Wolf will attempt to run off.

################### FINAL PHASE ##################
~The hero has a time limit to hit the wolf in a certain place (one of the townsfolk will provide a clue to this). If successful, the Wolf dies, if a timer runs out, the Wolf will return to phase 3.

###################### RETREAT ###################
~At any time, the Hero can attempt to run from the Wolf. If the Hero gets within a certain range of the town then the Wolf will run off to lick his wounds.
~Wolf health will return to full.
~Escape is unlikely in the third phase when the Wolf can run

Don’t discuss things here, we have a whole other thread, website, and email system to do that with. This thread is for showing our progress, and for keeping things clear.

Also, the Blender community ought to know how things are going here, and we haven’t quite been showing them, so, here you go, Blender community!

Also, if you’re on the team, please discuss any progress art, etc. with me or a leader who will discuss it with me, so that we don’t swim through this thread like we do the other.:slight_smile:

Feel free and welcome and wanted to compliment here, actually. That way the message doesn’t fall back into the mess of threads behind it, and it stays near the top! (No unkindness intended towards other threads)

Thanks for updating those of us who don’t have time to read the thread. Have any screenshots to show us?

It looks very nice. Comment often because the thread will die otherwise.

Hello, members? It doesn’t seem like many of you are even paying attention to the “to-do” section…well, that’s really all you need to look at, unless you’re a leader.
Does anyone have anything they’d like to say about the thread? Anything missing? Anything need to be changed? Members and non-members, please comment.

Wow, great work guys!

take screen shots of the game…not renders…

take screen shots of the game…not renders…

We don’t yet have a fully working environment, so that’s not going to happen yet. Probably a few days. Or today I might have one…

This thread was being needed, good thinking Tech.

I would add that since the release will be a full featured game beta this will mean that both features and graphic may change in the final version, incomplete features may be present too (like missing some graphics here and there).

Also after the beta release tutorials on the “how to” will follow, not at the same time but that is the idea.

Note: We are missing the cameras, and re-think controls.

Hmmm, How-To tutorial videos. Good idea, Cloud. Maybe I could do one on “How to Manage a Project Over the Internet”. That would definitely need multiple releases :spin: .

Mmmmm… tutorial videos no, just tutorials XD

Oh, sorry, thought you said video for some reason! XP

Misc. Objects…like chests? plates? ect…?

Okay, I updated the T0-D0 list. Let’s get cracking.

wow, you just like to forget me don’t you haha :wink: Put my name up there as concept director, seeing as I was more in charge of that phase of production. NOW GET TO IT TECHIE. jk.

-nick

Small house created (thanks to funddevi)

There are 5 final-modelled and textured houses, you probably forgot that.

Alright, alright…I’M GETTING TO IT, ALRIGHT?!

No, Moshanator, I didn’t forget your work. I just don’t have a render or screenshot, yet.

EDIT: Wow, yournamehere, sorry! I can hardly believe I forgot to put your name up there! XP

You know, I just realized. We need a name. Like ‘noob productions’ or. ‘the outer box studios’ ya know. Something ‘clever’ sounding…

what’s wrong with “N00bs 2.0”?

This is coming from a guy whos name is ‘yournamehere’.

The irony is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

I’ll do the gate and lock with the environment when someone gives me links to the pics