N00bs 2.0 Current Progress

My advice: Dont. You guys have a good thing going here, but keep the main people as is. You can of course recruit other people, but Sage just wants to jump on the bandwagon of success.

Dont fall for it.

How about Projekt Eibwen?(pronounced E-When,… silent B). Thats Newbie backwards obviously.

I also think we got to end the project by ourselves, he is trying to start a new project, not helping this one to get finished.

wikidot.com
It requires coding, but is the best.
My modelling days are over anyway, I could take that on.
Great idea merging.

People… this thread wasn’t supposed to be for project progress? =_=
I like “Dry Eyes”

Hey, we’re making some sort of progress here :slight_smile: . And I think it’s good to have a place (other than Chatzy) to chill a bit.

wikidot.com
It requires coding, but is the best.
My modelling days are over anyway, I could take that on.
Great idea merging.

What do you mean your modelling days are over? You say that like a retired cowboy. But, no…I really want to do it. Unless you could set up an account without doing anything on the website and send me an invite for admin. Eh, we’ll figure it out. I’m not really sure we need a whole website to finish the beta, actually. But, we’ll discuss this.

Dont fall for it.

Perhaps? We weren’t going to really even discuss it very seriously until N00bs 2.0 is over. And he seems to have a pretty good team so far. But, then, if this goes well (AND IT WILL, YOU GOT THAT?!), then I think we’re going to get a lot of support from BA. But having his team would certainly make the team a lot bigger…he suggested it, so I think the cards are in our hands. If he wants his team to merge with ours, he’s going to have merge into ours. Because N00bs 2.0, is N00bs 2.0, forever!

Personally, I agree with Free-ality. If we were to let them come in, it might be too many members to manage. We’re making good progress with the numbers we have, but with more people, toes are going to be stepped on. We could always use more coders, but with the artist base on this forum, we can’t have too many people modeling things.

P.S. remember, I have iWeb on my computer (website builder) if all doesn’t go well…

he suggested it, so I think the cards are in our hands. If he wants his team to merge with ours, he’s going to have merge into ours. Because N00bs 2.0, is N00bs 2.0, forever!

Yes. But in this merger, theres going to a be a bit of a sqaubble as far as control(and there wills till be the division: His people, your people), so Thats why Id just say youre open to recruiting(when this is finished).

Be careful how many people you let on. It’d likely be best to add only a couple more key members, and then have other people volunteer on a small part by part basis.

That way(like yournamehere said), thigns are less likely to get out of control.

Dry Eyes ftw…

just meh 2 cents.

Actually, I’m leaning toward “N00b Productions”, myself. Unless anyone has anything more to say, I’m going to put it on the front page. Actually, I’ll do it, and then see if anyone has anything to say XD . “Dry Eyes” just doesn’t seem to tell enough about us.

yeah i think N00b Productions should be the name =) Dry eyes sounds more like a band name…

I’m going to change the completion goal and write a schedule within the next few days…I don’t think this will be finished by Sunday, at the rate we’re travelling.

Small update (very small).

Screenshot!!
Is still in process and LOD has yet to be implemented, but is working (because of material propertier the traveler is always falling but is easy to fix XD)
http://cloud.gl.googlepages.com/screen.jpg

Go take a look at http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=113693&page=40, there I uploaded several screenshot of a more recent version. ^^

hmmmmmm i just now saw this thread, and i just wanna clear things up…
first off i wasnt at all suggesting we “merge” teams, we simply ( after both our projects are done which i assume will take at least a year for a good game ) work as two different teams making one game. Im not trying to get help for stuff i, or my team cant do ourselves, im simply trying to make a good game with a little more help for the development to be done sooner. My teams project has been goin on for a few months now and we still are perfecting and adding on to what we have. We want a great game. No scam. None. Just more help to create a great new game after both are completed.

Thank you for clearing things up; however, the problem with having 2 teams, or even a larger team is that people could easily step on toes and get in the way of other jobs. That’s already happening a little bit to us, our team is a slightly oversized team. It just wouldn’t work, but thank you anyway for clearing things up for us.

-nick

I like your avatar, yournamehere. And what’s with the “rolleyes”? I think I know… =_=

Guys, tomorrow I will try to get this completely updated. See you then!

Great job here guys! I love the amount of detail you’ve got here… its staggering, as is the amount of thought thats gone into this. I wish you the best of the best of luck :slight_smile:
Oh… if you want a logo for N00b Productions… Dry Eyes… or whatever, just PM me :wink:

Yeah, right, well. I’m back basically :smiley: Got a few suggestions after seeing the latest demo and come up with a few ideas. However, this can only be part-time as I have Another Realm to do some work on. I’ve emailed Techie concerning my absence and reasons. I just hope I can be welcomed back again :slight_smile:

Oh and is the website I made for this still being used?

Can someone tell me how to post something off of blender cause I rly need to know.:frowning:
EDIT::Never mine I figured it out. :smiley: