Nanoshooter (Successful Networking Experiment) Servers are down.

OK, thanks for answering my Q’s so quickly!

Coonerboy, Did you download the blend version or the windows exe version? Make sure you unzip it, then run either runtime or open the .blend called Nanoshooter with blender 2.49. (I’m assuming your on a windows computer)

…do the shadows on static objects move?

If not, it seems a gross waste of performance to use realtime shadows on static objects.

S’just me of course. :confused:

(I don’t have GLSL.)

Ok never mind its working now and i am about to test it, so ill report back later.

Ok i just finished playing it (by myself) and WOW. amazing. Except i cant really learn from it because you cant fiddle with the .blend to much. But amazing job, keep it up.

Hi everybody.

First off, I’d like to apologize to everybody who wanted to participate in the online multiplayer and could not connect properly, it’s just been bad timing on multiple levels on my part. I’ve been unable to maintain the server during it’s most crucial first steps (It’s my mothers birthday, went out for dinner and a movie at 5:30 and just got back now).

Secondly, I’d like to thank everybody for their support. You may have tried to connect (successfully or not), and it probably didn’t work very well, if at all. Me and Gomer are currently working on resolving some seemingly minor server issues, and we hope we can get everything working smoothly for tomorrow. As of right now, the servers are officially down for maintenance, but don’t let that scare you from trying to play anyway if you want, it won’t hinder the operation at all. We will let you know here as soon as the game is ready for testing again (probably sometime tomorrow between 5:00pm and 9:00pm PST/UTC-8).

If you haven’t been able to play at all even in offline mode, then please PM me or Gomer with lots of information including which link you downloaded the game from, your OS, python version, location in the world, what you ate for breakfast, and anything else of interest.

[ Edit: One thing I’d like to add is that you can play LAN, or even host your own server if you want, though you might want to wait until we fix the serverside issues. The game uses ports 3200 and 3201 TCP and UDP by default. ]

Thanks for your patience and support,
-Chaser

Here is a mirror:
Nanoshooter(Blend).zip
ns-windows.zip
ns-intelmac.zip

This is awesome, thanks for releasing the source to peek at too.

Couldn’t connect last night or this morning, but I ran the server and opened a couple localhost connections.

Game play is really smooth and intuitive, and the maps look gorgeous, good job guys!

Man a click in Offline , write my name, click in Play. Show the scene, but don´t show any char for to control. This is right?
I tested in Build .exe and .blend…

Did you press space bar to spawn?

I too have gotten the error about “module does not have attribute ‘GameState’”. I tracked this down to Core.py not being run first. It can be forced to run before any other scripts by pressing the star icon on the controller. This got rid of the error for me. I played around in the bridge level a bit by myself. Pretty cool looking. Also, it looks like it’s put together well: clean and elegent. Great work :wink:

looks amazing! I just can’t find anyone the play against…, maybe bots included in the future?

Hey everybody.
I’m sorry, one major source of confusion is that you must press spacebar to spawn; we didn’t make that very clear.
We’re currently working on resolving the server issues.
-Chaser

Good news everybody! It appears as though the server issues have been resolved!
So go ahead and try it out, however we’re not going to schedule another “play date” until we’re totally sure that everything is fixed.

The clientside version of the game itself has been updated, which fixes various little issues, and it will now work better on linux or something, so please do download the new version at the first post of this thread.

We understand that there are still some people who have trouble connecting and such, so please report these issues by private messaging me or Gomer, or email me at [email protected] .

I downloaded, but it won’t work when extracted. I will try again. I agree withdividedspleen, you should have bots. Looks fun!

This is a really cool game, good job guys.
The frame rates a little low on my computer but it was still fun to play.

(good game Krash)

Is the cove level supposed to have textures on the ground?
It appears to only have vertex textures on the ground, but the rocks look fine.

Minifig, your Graphics card doesn’t support nodes in the GE, that’s why.

Oh. Will that effect gameplay?
Also, in the screenshot of the cove level there were fishducks, but I don’t see any in-game.
Is that another issue on my end?

1.) no, I don’t think so. I had the same issue and It didn’t effect me at all.
2.) most likely