Nanoshooter (Successful Networking Experiment) Servers are down.

Minifig, did you see the nanoshooter player model instead of a Fishduck? If you did then you failed to connect to the server. The fishduck player models don’t work offline.

I’ve talked to 3 people who can’t see the node setup, I may have to use a different form of texture blending if there’s many more.

-Gomer

Yes, that is what I saw.

Just finished playing for the first time. That was fun…except that I accidently commited suicide. How do you chat? I was plying with gomer

Mokazon, you press enter and start typing to chat, then enter again to send the messge.

Thanks to everyone that has played so far. I got a chance to play with quite a few different people with up to 5 online at once with unoptimized networking. The game seems to be working for most people now, and I’ve even seen a couple non-blender users online. Hope to see those of you who haven’t got a chance to play online sometime soon.

Hey!

Absolutely awome job guys! Worked first time for me. Any news on when the next online session will be?..can’t wait to play this with other people!

BTW…Realy like the visual style you went with for the urban setting…works very well!

Cheers

EDIT…Just got to play the game with someone else! Once again…great work guys!..Found one glitch in the island map though…but ill first see if I cant exploit it in some future games…LOL…:wink:

Heh, yeah, I guess we should plan another online session shouldn’t we? Perhaps tomorrow or the next day? I’ll talk to some people and we’ll arrange a date and time soon.

I wanna know when the next session is too. I haven’t played with other people yet:(

Same here!
(will it be laggy? Since we have people from Australia, Canada, Illinois-USA, and the Netherlands?)

Hi All,
This looks so nice! I’m downloading as we speak lolz… I’m glad you guys finally released a networking game! Itlooks great! Can’t wate to try it!

-TC

downloaded it again, and I spawned without a problem! Nice job with the networking!

Lets set up a time so we can all play together. Great job on the game guys, it looks awsome.

I’m downloading again, I’d like to play also.

not working, its loading … forever, and in the top right I have a server: error. And I can’t click “play”, cause the logo stays up and that’s it.

Have you fixed the bug where it will repeat in the chat window ‘so and so died’ constantly, even though they only died once?

Mad Hatteur: The bug was an issue with trying to send text messages to players who didn’t exist, and yes it’s fixed. That was the bug that destroyed the server.

JESUSFRK14: The loading your reading has to do with trying to get a player list. If your getting an error connecting to the server, it’s probably offline, or your having connection problems. In order to play you need to ender a name, if it gets stuck at the black screen with Nanoshooter printed in the center, then you have a real problem. Otherwise what your reporting is normal.

Everyone else: Exams are over, and summer break has started. How does monday sound for a gameplay session. I have a bot that runs in IRC and can check the server to see if anyone is playing. If you want to contact someone to play with, go on IRC in either #Gameblender or #Nanoshooter I’m sure people will be willing to play. The room we store our server in is getting renovated, so I can’t guarantee it will be running if you try and connect in the next couple days, but I’ll see what can be done. Hope to see some of you online in the next few days.

P.S. here’s a free in browser IRC client: http://webchat.freenode.net/

so this will only work using your sever?

He said that you can host a LAN game on your computer.

Hello All,

After i downloaded it the .exe kept saying a certain dll wasn’t there, and i found it there and i put another in and it sill didn’t work… Can someone help me?:slight_smile:

-TC

what was the error after that? Try running the .blend

The error was the same one saying that that dll wasn’t there… The .blend would run then stop… It did nothing just started than turned off…:frowning: