Need help for getting UPBGE eevee in blender 2.79

Hello guys, I need your help, I think you all know about UPBGE eevee, I want to use it on my pc, but i cannot run it due to my old hardware, so i got a soulution that I will download the UPBGE eeveemerge7, which uses eevee in blender 2.79 UI, but when I download the files, it shows some unusual files and does it does not show the blender exe which is the UPBGE eevee in blender 2.7, can you please tell me how to get the app? Here is the link from where I download the files:

that needs compiling. and odds are, wont work much at all.

if your hardware really cant run something as simple as blender, just stick to the old version.

eevee is what requires the modern pc specs, so regardless of blender version you hammer it into, it wont work.

EDIT
and btw, dont spam cross post on everyones threads. its just rude.

Ok bro , i am really sorry, but then too, can you please tell me how to build the app from the files, because I am going to buy a new high end gaming pc, please tell me how to do it, i.e build the app, please, and sorry for spamming, I was just too much tensed about this issue and I only wanted that people should get to know my problem so that they can me out, sorry bro.

compiling is usually not worth it. if the devs decided not to post a build, then it will probably not be stable enough to use in any normal capacity.

compiling is a very tech savy thing. im very tech savy, yet i dont know how to compile. its simply not worth the effort unless you are testing new code.

if i remember correctly, that eevee in 2.79 was a failed experiment by the upbge devs. im pretty sure thats when they decided it was easier to put bge into eevee.

you dont even need a high end pc, pretty much any pc in the last 5 years should do. blender is known for putting compatibility above features.

Oh ok bro, I needed UPBGE eevee because of its bloom,volumetric lighting and ambient occulsion shaders, can you somehow extract those shaders from blender 2.8 eevee and port them into UPBGE 2.5? Or can you give me some altenatives to them for UPBGE?

one doesnt pick the bge for its graphics abilities.

2 Likes

I am actually not a programmer and my pc is not strong enough to handle UE4 or Unity’s visual scripting, so I choose BGE as my current option, as i have been using blender for approx. 3 years, so I thought I would have an advantage, so why not we try to get some beautifull visuals in BGE/ UPBGE, its worth trying☺

You can not have Eevee in blender 2.79.

If you need blender 2.79 you will have to stay with upbge0.2.5

Bro I know that, but I saw this link on a youtube video, but it does not have any exe file in it. Here is the link to the page https://github.com/UPBGE/upbge/tree/eevee_merge7
This site gives me the files of eevee UPBGE in 2.79, and here is the youtube video from where I got this link:

https://www.google.com/search?q=eeveemerger+7+UPBGE&safe=active&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=mvni&sxsrf=ALeKk03ew_cWD5PuIh58A34lJQe7RhArKw:1593783380992&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwizg5fimbHqAhUDWX0KHa2pBg0Q_AUIECgA&biw=360&bih=560&dpr=1.5#imgrc=K1FThhkTfY8dSM

Here is the link of the video, please bro, if you can, please give me the exe file of this version of UPBGE, even if it consists of bugs and lacks features, I need it, please bro, please…

Please reply bro

give it up already. if your pc cant handle eevee, then just accept that and move on. just get in and make games, most of the knowledge will carry over if you get a useful pc.

But bro, I am going to buy a new gaming pc, so I need that one , cause I do not like the Blender 2.8 interface, so I want this version, so please co-operate.

i dont like the new interface either. so i use 2.78. pretty simple solution.

Yeah bro, same here, did you saw the youtube video I sent earlier on this thread, I want that version of UPBGE

your link send us to a no-results-found page

you dont want eevee.
you want post-processing filters in the UI of 0.2.5, right?

Bro, please check the link again, I am able to get into that page, please try again.
And yes, I only want the Eevee shaders like bloom, ao, vouletric lighting, etc etc, but I also want the Eevee rendering engine

Send us direct to the video instead of a google search.
This is portuguese. Guilherme (UnidayStudio) is talking about eevee beginnings in upbge. I dont know how he got this. The 2.79 eevee build he is using is from Yul Brynner. Its a wip and nobody d make a game with it.

Upbge 0.3.0 is ready to make games right now
However to run it, you need a pc with a decent dedicated graphics card.

If you want to get the same look from 2.79 there is upbge 0.2.5 which has a pbr material workflow using probes

It can be pushed further using tetgen and baking probes to disk to make a new environment map class, “world”

Can you please explain me about probes?
And yes, can you compile the files which I gave in the starting and make it a exe file?