Nefertiti

Something went wrong with the iris, the map is blurred and looks like it has no detail, I have to check it. I’ll post some wires, but the topology is quite messy, I’m not very good with topology, sometemes it’s like you are in a labyrinth and you cant find your way out, that makes me frustrated and I use to take shortcuts, for example the zone connecting nose and mouth is particularly dissastrous, but I’ll post it anyway

Very nice modelling and texturing ! Great work !

One of my own first models was Thoutmosis III :

http://3d-synthesis.com/7-Thoutmosis_A.html

I wouldn’t show a wireframe, because the topology was rather bad !o)

Here the bump seems to be too strong. I’ve finished (almost) eyelshes¨:

Nice progress you got there! Mind the strange shadow cast by the ear. :wink:

don’t know about eyelashes here

seems to be difficult to see theses
i had to use a magnifier on my screen to see theses! LOL

but may be normal
unless you can make them a little bit bigger to make it easier to see theses
even if it’s not reality

coming along well

happy 2.5

Some changes in shapes and added particle hair on the eyebrows:

eyelashes look fine here :slight_smile:

imo i prefer the previous image with the stronger bump but each to their own :slight_smile:

I would like to hear from you people, what bump map dou you like more, the previous one or this last one?

first one seems more bumpy i guess!

did you apply some SSS here ?

happy 2.5

i prefer the first (real skin is like this) and you can always blur it in post-pro (whereas its difficult to make it more detailed when its originally blurry)

i tihnk the “sharp” bump map with some DOF will look nice

Are the eyes actually balls? or are they part of the face mesh? - that would explain the giant and flat look to the. wireframe would be helpful

Nice work indeed, beautiful model.
I prefer the first bump too. The nose looks a bit weird shaped at the bottom, expecially at the attachment to the upper mouth, imo.

An update, wire and a small screengrab video:

http://www.vimeo.com/14521737

Awesome job, she’s really nice.

Another view with soft focus:

About the eyes, I like them as they are now, I don’t think they look flat. I made them a little smaller but just a bit, since in my reference images are that size.

Different Lighing to better see details:

she looks really nice, the only thing i would crit is that her eyes are way too big. The are kind of in the anime big eyes range

I could swear you took a photo of someone!

well, I would’t say she has anime eyes, usually animes have huge eyes, but certainly she seems to have big eyes. I have to chekc my reference pictures because I modeled her on top of an image of the famous Nefertiti bust, in Berlin.
Maybe while sculpting I moved the eyelids.
Thanks for the comment

Here I post some wires and a render. I have to change iris color and then Move into background and props:

Wires(Subdivision on):

wires comp:

And render alone:

P.S.: I made the eyes a bit smaller, now they’re just like the reference image.