Nefertiti

it looks great, but the iris still looks too big to be natural, is that what you are going for?

I’ll check with the reference picture, maybe it’s a little big . What I’m trying here is to recreate the possible face this beautiful woman could have had based on the remains that we have, wich are of an astounding quality. Since I first saw the famous bust I was captivated by it and this is just my try at imaging her. So I’m looking for certain relaism ( don’t have to be hyper realism) and resemblance.

I made the iris a bit smaller, now there’s something strange with te eyes, the bitmap has the iris dark brown, whilst in the rendered image they appear light and blurred. I guess its the sss, I’ll have to check when I get home.

Actually the iris is probably changing colors due to reflecting the world.

Mostly she is looking fantastic! The skin shader is really nice (three layer sss?). The main thing sticking out to me is just actual detail in her iris. There’s next to none. Adding some streaking and variation like what you’d see in a real iris would help a lot I feel. A couple other small crits is that perhaps the lips are a bit too uniformly pink, and the head dress has very little depth where it meets her forehead.

I have always had a fascination with Nefertiti and so I have really enjoyed the progress in this thread. Keep it up!

-Jonathan

Wow, beautiful job! Especially the eyelashes - completely real.

My only crit would be the eyebrows. I liked the earlier drawn ones for some reason. It makes me think the “queen” would have them drawn on with makeup, just like women sometimes do today.

Otherwise, keep at it!

i hope you accept my humble crit :yes:

good job so far!

Attachments

@mr_bomb:
Yes, it is 3 layered SSS :yes:. The iris has a lot of detail, but it is lost on the render, I think it’s because sss but have to check it. The crown isn’t done yet, I’m not sure if I want to make it or maybe a wig or another kind of headdress because I want to make Neferiti as a real character and not a copy of the famous bust. Thanks for comments.

@Illusionist:
You are right about eyebrows, but I was affraid it would look more 3d if they were painted, although I know is more real as she mostly had them painted. Good point.:wink:

@3DGURU:
In the last picture I posted the position of the eyes is corrected. The neck is faithfull to the images but look weird on my model. it is known that Nefertiti had a deformed, elongated craneum and a quite long neck, so proportions on her are not very standard, but yes, it looks a little weird, will check it. I will post my reference images.

@All, thank you very much for criticism, I hope it will help me make it a better model of this fascinating woman.

I’ve been following your work on this model from the beginning and I love it. Since you’re finishing it up, I thought you’d like to see this: http://dsc.discovery.com/egypt/nefertiti-face/face.html

RedJay, thanks for the link! I knew that story, it’s actually quite controversial since many archeologists don’t believe that’s the real mummy of Nefertiti. I don’t know what to think so I’ll stick to the statues and busts :wink: