New Forum Design

looking good, nice to see a change to something better

This is incredibly cool! Great work.

The ubuntu forum icons actually come from the Tango Project and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license. Please give proper attribution in the footer or an about page by linking to the Tango Project at http://tango-project.org.

Very slick design, I love the change.

new design looks spiffy.
the google ads would be much less intrusive if they were put in a column to the right of the posts. i don’t mind a few google ads either, but every fifth post (or so) seems overkill.

i was really hoping the new forum design would include a style switcher. :slight_smile:

nice format very “lively”

Yes I have to agree… things are quite bright but stilll look good. However, I’ve never been so tempted to install an ad blocking program before. Maybe now I will. But even so, could we get those ad banners to not be in the middle of all the posts? It is highly distracting. (note that I’m not against the ads)

Oh, one other crit… there’s waay too much space at the header of each post. Why is this?

Looks nice!!
Will take some time to get used to though.
But thats the least of my worries

I like the new look and after a few minuets of looking around I can get used to this. The adds dont bother me we all have bills to pay. I cant seem to tell how many post a topic has I didnt even realize I was looking at that before but now I miss it.

There is not really enough space to put the post views + count back. I too have noticed that this can be a miss sometimes.
But you can actually hold your mouse over the name of the member who posted the last post, and it will show the view + post count. I know this isn’t as good as the actual column, but at least it’s something :slight_smile:

Wow :smiley: super good design! Thank you Timothy:D

Well, I’m not a big fan of this ultrawhite scheme, anyway is a nice design.

I have a suggestion: to give the missage header (where the avatar and the user’s name is displayed) a different color than the white missages body, maybe a shade of grey.

I first thought I entered a wrong URL, but I quickly recognized the great Obiwan_C image.
Nice refresh of the site and great look, I will probably need some clicks to get familiar with it.

I agree with everyone else looks great but a little bright, Oh and the page seems narrower it does not fill out the whole page maybe it’s just firefox.

I’m seeing scroll bars around some individual posts with those posts either cut-off or almost invisible due to the small height of the scroll viewport and the inclusion of an ad. If I could add an attachment here I’d show you but since I can’t you’ll have to take my word for it :slight_smile:

Looks like a big bug possibly caused by embedding the ads in the middle of the thread (it looks like the problem surrounds the text-link ads “new 3D landscape software, Easy of use CAD & CAE etc” but takes a user post along with it.)

Also, some links don’t seem to look like links (my sig for example) - they just look like all the other text.

Also, also, when replying I find the previous posts text (Topic Review) to be almost unfathomable as there is no separation of posts.

Also, also, also - I thought we were promised a Forum Jump menu and a Forum menu at the bottom of the page.

Other than that, I’m sure I’ll learn to live with it so long as it works as advertised. I know this sort of thing is a mammoth task and I don’t want to sound ungrateful so please accept these as comments more than complaints (though the scroll bar thing will be a big nuisance).

Oh, and please use Sago’s smileys. Thanks.

And oh damn I just noticed - I’ll have to remake my avatar - he’s got a blue box around him :frowning: Edit: It’s okay, tragedy averted. Phew! :slight_smile:

Firefox 1.0.7
Mac OSX 10.3.9

That’s what actually makes the design work :slight_smile:

The google ads will stay between posts, because there is no room for them anywhere else. I have removed one of them, so now there are only 2 on each page (3 was a bit overkill I agree).

There seems to be a minor glitch with the drop-down search field. It opens up too short to show the inputbox. This is Firefox 2 on Linux.

Hi Timothy,

As I told you before, the design is very nice (esp. the banner ;)).

A BIG thanks to everyone who contributed to making this happen. :cool:

-Obiwan

Nice design, these things come when yuo least expect them :slight_smile:
I hope you allow some negative crit:
I think it’s to bright. The old elysiun theme was a lot easier on the eye. The hover effect is too strong for me (white font on dark bg). Just changing the font color to orange would not shock me so much each time i roll over a link :slight_smile:
And the space over each post looks off to me. I think here the function is more important than the form.

Well It is really nice but I also think it is a bit confusing for the same reason.However it is much nicerthan the previous one.

It would be even better if you made the posts more visible

A tad too bright for my taste. I normally use white on black themes so this was more like a flash when I first saw it. I like the design overall and I didn’t really see the ads at first probably because of how consistent everything looks.

Job well done :slight_smile: