New System, and Blender hardly works

Okay, all, Early on when I first installed this computer, I put an opengl32.dll file into the 2.79 folder because blender would NOT work without it. just now I deleted that file and the current build of 2.79 works great now. I had conflicting opengl32 data because of this file.

2.8 now works as well! So either ramboblender solved the 2.8 issue with the driver purge (very likely) or removing the dll from the 2.79 folder fixed 2.8 as well, (unlikely, as I just moved the file to the desktop and it should have worked then!

I think (for now) I feel comfortable calling this fixed!

Thanks most of all to ramboblender(just saw your reply to remove the dll, so technically, I think you got there before me!)

1 Like

Yeah, hold the phone, it looks like you’ve got a software OpenGL driver/layer in there somewhere? This is almost certainly the cause of all your problems I think.

Can we safely assume this is not a virtual machine or running on top of some hypervisor like ESXi? Gallium ought to just be a Linux thing. Windows is really the only OS component involved here?

In your Blender program folder, do you have any file(s) with “opengl” in the filename? Like opengl.dll, opengl32.dll etc.?

There is a post which I edited , it talks about setting nvivia card timing in the regedit look at it as it helps in rendering. It’s the post where I asked you to go to Help.

I’m not seeing it, where is it at?

Need to click at the pencil on top of the post where I asked you to go to Help Save System info.

You can try this to set TdrDelay in regedit.
Go to ‘Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SY
STEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers’.
Click on the GraphicDrivers
If the TdrDelay value doesn’t exist
yet, right-click in the right pane and
choose New > DWORD (32bit) Value.
Name it “TdrDelay”.
Double click TdrDelay. Change the Base setting to
Decimal . Set the value to something else than
the default 2 (we recommend 60).

yeah, ramboblender helped me get there finally. Blender 2.8 fixed when he had me do a driver purge and reload. That’s when I realized I didn’t need the old opengl32.dll anymore, now that the nightly builds were properly recognizing my cards now. I think this essentially solved the 2.79 issue.

1 Like

What’s the advantage of doing this? What will it help? (I’m all for anything that helps, mind you, just curious!)

Sometimes the render takes time to start and windows will stop the rendering after the time that it has by default, so you just increase the time by 60 seconds.

Got it, have made that change!

Glad you solved it!

The OpenGL was the problem, it seems that the dll was a software layer as others said, I was confused because it was the software layer created by VMware :slight_smile:

Congrats, enjoy your little beasts! :slight_smile: