A while back, I made a little something called “Night of the rapists”…
I finally got around to making a sequel.
It’s going to be a free-roam, and the enemies will behave as a zombie would, but instead of zombies, you get what are known as “The Rapists” from the first game.
This game is poking fun at the rapists,
if you can’t figure that out from the rapist’s crazy faces and how stupid they look, then I think you’re a bit too sensitive.
Okay, I am not politically correct in anyway, but this is kind of funny just because of how unrealistic it is. If this was a triple A mainstream game, it wouldn’t be funny.
I mean, come on, a bunch of cube-ish guys that are more monster-like than human coming at you and yelling “I’m gunna rape you!”. It may be insensitive, but at least this isn’t a serious game. The Simpsons offends Conservatives, wealthy , Christians, and all stereotyped people and yet it is still a commonly watched show.
My initial thought was that this is kind of offensive, because it sort of makes light of rape, which is a very serious crime. But then I realized that there are lots of games that make light of murder, which is even worse than rape, IMO. So I don’t personally find it offensive, but be aware that some people take rape very seriously and will not be amused.
Anyway, I like the comic effect of the rapists flying away when you shoot them. If you haven’t programmed a death (rape? :eek:) sequence for when they catch you, you should probably do that soon, so the game has some sort of challenge. Then, after you’ve built a bigger map, the next thing I would do would be to create a greater variety of enemy behaviors. How about a really fat rapist who takes a lot of hits before he goes down, but once you get him, he rolls away like a ball instead of flying away? Maybe he could even use his strength to throw other rapists at you.
I JUST made a death…thing, right before seeing your notification.
I quickly threw together a video, and here it is :3
What it is, is when they touch you, they get pushed back a bit, and then come ant you again. It takes… 8 hits? before it’s all over. I haven’t decided what to do after you die, considering that it’s a freeroam and all.
-I REALLY wanted to do the flying away thing, but aiming down at the ground + shooting would launch you :’(
I thought all hope was lost, but then Agoose mentioned Collision groups. If it weren’t for him, I would have used RAYS gasp
-I haven’t considered larger rapists, but that reminded me of THUGS from Dead Island…
This could be interesting
(lol @ throwing rapists at you xD)
-Planning on making a large and diverse map. My creativity = dangerously low, so I’m doing the non-creative stuff now (i.e. Death, behavior, motion, etc…)
Thank you for your contribution, and not being a Negative Nancy. I don’t find rape funny, which is why you kill the rapists in the game
You aren’t assisting them, so I don’t see what the problem is.
I will update this thread constantly. Progress is being achieved very rapidly (…for once)
Chiming in on the Matter of Distastefulness, yes, I find it a Bit distasteful, but I don’t mind. My Problem, however, is, that these are undying Demons from Hell, not Rapists, thus calling them or the Game that Way seems pretty weirdly grafted and unnecessary – it is not really poking Fun at Rapists, it is depicting something totally different and then just calls them “Rapists”, so the Humor is not really there for me – and maybe it really is just me not seeing the Connection.
Yeah I kind of agree with C A ligari, if they aren’t related to rape why bother calling them that. Just seems gratuitous to attract attention (worked) but in that case you would be profiting on someone else’s misfortune without actually making any sort of statement.
The FoundationsofPause rating committee has reviewed the game and it’s received a rating of RandomPickle Rape.
Now it has a label. Labels make everything safer.
For recording audio directly from the computer, I just take a double-ended light-green cord (headphone-type cord end) and plug it into the headphone jack, and the mic jack. I don’t know if your screen recorder does sound. . . I always hated recording it using a mic next to the speakers.
Damn it… I didn’t receive any notifications, it’s a good thing I checked :S
All these comments!
I’ll get to responding to these comments ^ in the proceeding post.
SO, I have been making little progress (it’s adding up though, kinda stumped. I’m improvising the city/town, so… yeah)
and I got around to making a different “rapist”
@pqftgs: Thanks a lot, but I advise the rest of yous NOT to watch it. It’s an abomination and an insult to the BGE and all it’s capabilities.
@C.A.ligari: Well, back when I made the first one, I figured I’d use the sound “I’m going to rape you”, and just sorta took it from there. I laughed at what you wrote, the “undying demons from hell”, they are pretty inhuman. xD
@FoundationOfPause: Totally reminds me of something GLaDOS would say. Thank you for the label, safe = good
@cam.dudes: I use my laptop for Blender-ing, and it has a built in mic. Bandicam records sound, and I didn’t have time to edit the video, and W/O sound it’d be too quiet, so I left the audio rec on.
For better sounding audio recording, I use a Guitar Hero: World Tour microphone xD
And I had no idea you could do that w/ the jacks, (so that’s how the big youtubers do it, right?) I will try that in the morning (IT’S 1 AM, JESUS MURPHY!!)
Nice! I think this is great… in a sick way. I think more people making zombie games should just replace the zombies with fill in the blank. You could replace them with anything, golden retrievers, mailmen, jehovah’s witnesses, or anything else people dislike.
On a serious note, why do all the rapist gotta be black?
lol, no I wasn’t talking about real life rapists. The rapists in your game all look like a brownish black to me. Maybe it’s a problem with my screen, or I’m going a little color blind.
Anyway, green is an interesting choice for a rapist, is there any specific reason you chose that color? If I were you I’d make them baboon ass red, maybe a couple shades darker. The color red might actually intimidate the player more, but that might not be what you want.
I haven’t updated for a while, but I have still been working on it, don’t worry!
I’m just havin’ a tough time with the houses, the town just looks so flippin’ awkward…
Anyways, I think I’ll make a 2nd gameplay video in the next couple days (maybe right now… I don’t know yet)
I added quite a couple things since last time I’ve updated:
-Fat rapists that don’t get sent flying from being shot
-Lame muzzle flash
-Climbable fences
-New safehouse for the survivors
-More buildings + other characters (some relevant to the story, and some others that are just there)
Your game is like a 4 year old kid drawingo on a paper in some sort of weird dark place, I dont know, I really don´t like it, not because of the rapist thing, but because of the level of lack of details on it.