No thread showing up

I too have posted a reply which does not show up. First I tried using the full reply but my session had timed out and when I logged in again the system gave the the reviewed by moderator message. Thinking this had to do with the session or the full reply, I tried a repost via quick reply since that was what i used in my original reply. Oddly enough on the computer I posted from it showed up until I tried to edit (changing “tot he” to “to the” but I was not able to edit it and the reply vanished from the page…
This is the thread
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=129080
What I find even more strange is that I signed up to reply to this post and was able to no problem. But then I can’t reply to thread in which I had previously posted.
Can you please review and post my message? One of the two will suffice as they are basically identical.

Also I would like to know if you have a better solution in mind before I become involved in this community. The applications usability is drastically defunct if this policy is the solution. It seems as if myself and several others would just rather go elsewhere than use the forums in this manner.
Thanks

First I have been trying to reply to a post which I have already and immediately posted to previously. http://blenderartists.org/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1167847
Note I did a repost initially thinking it was an issue with the session timing out. So I tried a repost with the quick reply option. The quick reply showed up until I tried to edit it changing “tot eh” to “to the” and it vanished. Can you please post my reply.

Questions:

1. Why was I able to register and immediately post? There was 0 delay in my original reply showing up.
  2. At what point are we not considered a new user? I assume there is a flag that can be set to allow posting without moderator approval.
  3. If there is no flag meaning we are new users simply because we signed up after x date, what other solution are you working on? The current policy makes the usability of the forums completely defunct.

If you have no plan to implement a better solution and there is no flag allowing us to post freely please let me/us know. It sounds as if myself and others would just rather go elsewhere in that case.

What an effective way for a site to commit suicide.
It’s a pity.

…Bob

Redundant reply removed

I hope moderators and administrators of blenderartists.org will reconsider this new policy

http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13615

/Nathan

I believe that’s called a captcha or something like that.

When did this new policy go in effect?

I think the worst thing in this policy is the vagueness. You don’t get any confirmation if your post has been rejected or if it is just forgotten or got lost.

Most bots would be easily blocked with any simple question(s). Captcha would probably not be needed, but would surely help.

And for human spammers a “spam flag” button would probably help. Post wouldn’t disappear, but moderator would get the notification of the post. Also, if a post would get many flaggings it could be minimized with a spam warning… same way than YouTube has. It would be a lot easier for moderators to decide if they want to reset the post’s status, delete it or even ban the user and users email.

Just curious to see if now I can post.

New members still become active so it’s not killing the site.

A good solution would be a clearence system, a new member looks like he won’t just advertise shoes and such and he can post without needing approval.

I was under the impression that the only posts or threads that were blocked were threads or posts containing links to other web sites. Text only posts, and posts with attachments using the BlenderArtist.org attachment feature (scroll down to Manage Attachments, not available in all forums, such as off topic, news and discussion or this one) were not supposed to be blocked.

Is this not the case? I can’t tell, obviously my post count is high enough not to be bothered about low post count restrictions.

Are text only posts being blocked?

Are posts with attachments being blocked?

Hi, I have been reading this site for years although I just recently signed up to post since I am using Blender more and more lately. I finally signed up to comment and post relevant links (to related tutorials and utilities) in a few threads and they are not appearing. Is it true that my posts with links will not ever be approved?

I personally run a number of forum sites for years longer than this one has been around and understand the demands of moderation and combating spammers, but this system is still very discouraging. I am posting this in an attempt to determine whether or not a text only post will be approved.

For reference, I have posted replies in the following threads which have either been ignored or discarded while the conversation passes me by.

blenderartists.org / forum / showthread.php ?t= 134041

blenderartists.org / forum / showthread.php ?t= 134077

Well, I suppose that confirms it. I am able to post plain text without embedded links, so I went back and reposted my lost posts.

Mine is, to answer your question. (first post and new thread though)

There seem to be quite some threads about this approving issue, which probably makes it even worse for the mods to respond…
Maybe some respected members would be willing to wade through the piled up “to be approved”-posts to help the mods clear the stack?

Can’t wait to see my thread posted, and receive the simple answer to my newbie question (which I couldn’t find with a search ;))

Edit:
Thread posted, but still waiting for an answer :stuck_out_tongue:

JesterKing,

thanks for that link.

I have never been responded to so far, and i don’t know if my posts & responses are invisible for some reason…I’ve waited almost a week fore my questions to be posted; one worked, then disappeared after going unanswered. The rest gave me the moderator approval message. I won’t ever be able to post properly because i cant reach the 5 post quota.

How to buy UGG sheepskin boots?Everyone who wear the UGG sheepskin boots will get many benefits. UGG boots are made to be worn barefoot as they will form to your feet and provide natural arch support. When buying a pair of sheepskin boots or ugg boots (premier brand in luxury and comfort footwear), there are many things to look for:First of all, you must make sure your sheepskin boots are actually made out of 100% authentic sheep skin. Some manufacturers use cheap substitutes such as gluing synthetic wool on to cow hide. These imitation sheepskin boots come at a cheaper price tag, but unfortunately the less expensive alternatives may cause skin irritations, encourage bacteria growth, wear down, tear quickly and noticeably less comfortable. http://www.shoppingugg.com When buying sheepskin boots, make sure they are manufactured from quality Australian Merino wool. Australian Merino sheepskin boots are considered the best material for making sheepskin boots and it also ensures that you will be able to use them for many years. Authentic wool also allows your feet to breathe and help reduce feet sweating. Merino sheep skin is by and large thicker and much more durable than other kinds of sheep skin, which helps your boots keep their shape as well as resist wear and tear. By purchasing sheepskin boots made from merino wool and sheep skin, you will be guaranteed that not only will they be the most comfortable pair of sheepskin boots you’ll ever own, but they will also last for a long time to come. I have included some links if you would like to learn more about sheepskin boots or youwant to know where can buy some UGG Boots - Australia markets the premier brand in luxury and comfort. Their many products fit into your every day life offering you products that are fashionable, comfortable, and attainable.Ugg Boots have been made and worn in Australia/China for over 50 years and “Ugg” is not associated with any brand or style of sheepskin boot. So if your looking for real australian made ugg boots look no further than Shopping Ugg See our full range of Cardy UGG Boots , Classic Short UGG Boots , Classic Tall UGG Boots , Metallic UGG Boots , Sundance UGG Boots and now even new Mini UGG Boots then you can find all the love from australia right here.

I am experiencing the same problem also. I can’t show my progress on my game because of this problem.:frowning:

how long is a normal waiting time ?
cause im waiting since yesterday and im in a bit of a hurry and would realy like to hear some comments before continuing -.-

I’m in a similar situation. Posted a WIP thread to get advice as my first activity here (as you would) with links to images on my site… And nothing. (it’s annoying because I mistakenly posted it before I’d finished it, and want to edit it before anyone spends too much effort looking at it to explain more of my issues).

Now I’m not sure whether to wait for it to randomly appear and try to catch it, try to recreate it without links (what’s the point of that?!) or to bite the bullet and start over and just hope it appears the next time.

I do very much understand the problems of spam in forums/blogs having dealt with it myself, but this unclear situation is really confusing, bordering on annoying…

Oh, and I meant to add…

If there is some magic limit of posts that mean you can then post new posts/links or whatever, then doesn’t that just encourage a whole lot of pointless replies as new members try to reach that limit?

Maybe a bit like this one.

(Sorry all)