No thread showing up

I think the info after submitting should be changed if it is still the same “being checked” message. Let the user know what is wrong with his/hers post. “No images, no links, (any other rule here), before xx amount of post count. If any of these rules give you headache, please contact the moderators. Thank you!”

Hmmmm.

And potentially more worrying, the sole moderator for the WIP forum hasn’t posted a post since 29-Oct-08.

Not that that’s necessarily an indicator of how often they log in (and I don’t think you can see the last time anyone has logged in?), but…

Yeah i tried to post in animation a couple hours ago and it didnt show up mods please approve

thanks

(i hope this one works…)

Yea I posted a thread the other day on smoothing out a cylinder in basics and interface, and it still hasn’t popped up. I am in no major rush, but does anybody know if there is anyway to check the progress of new threads? My internet has been a bit screwy lately, so I’m a bit worried it may have not even submitted correctly.

I posted on in Support > Modeling this morning and nothing has appeared. I have only been a member for a couple days but I was able to start a new thread and post 4 times in that thread but the 5th post seems to be lost in translation :frowning: So if the system has to verify every new member’s posts for X amount of time/posts, why was I able to start a thread and post the first 4 times???

Moderators, if your system that determines what is spam and what isn’t is so picky, why not just post what’s allowed by the system and what’s not?

I agree with previous comments about how this can dampen the popularity of the site. Up until now I have been thrilled with BlenderArtists but if I can’t post (or if my post takes days since I’m on deadlines generally), I’ll go somewhere else.

There is another Thread called “Not a noob friendly website??”, where this issue is explained by mods and admins.
Basically you can’t post links or pictures while considered a noob - that’s why i can’t link to that thread (don’t wanna try, if intern links are excluded from that rule).
Found this out after making a new topic, so now i have to wait too…

Hmmm…I must not have been considered a noob when I started that thread or did 2 of those posts cuz the inital thread post and 2 of the other posts had images attached :confused:

Apparently I’m considered a noob now just because I’m new to Blender - is that the criteria? New to Blender? Or is a noob considered one who is new to the site?

I found a solution about a script problem and did the posting 2 time and my posts never got approved… frustrating… just like how hard to get used with blender gui for the 1st time…lol…

Yeah, same problem - trying to find a blender artist for personal project - if my second post does not go through, I’ll try other forums.

I posted a new topic in modeling. How does it long take for the post to get approved ?

Do you get a message, when it is denied ?

It happened for me, too, including question on this sub-forum concerning disappearing posts. :frowning:

Same problem to me too http://www.blender.com.br/components/com_fireboard/template/default/images/brazilian_portuguese/emoticons/angry.png

First time I tried to register I got this message:
Our server has detected the presence of multiple IP connections from your machine, with one of the connections being an “Open Proxy” or blacklisted IP. Connections of this nature are often used in order to abuse, spam or defraud. Our server has denied you any further access until both IP addresses can be resolved or the presence of the Open Proxy connection closed.
WT…?
As I have a dynamic IP I was able to register the next day. Then I posted my latest rendering but it didnt show up. On CGTalk it took maybe 6h to get my post approved by the mods. Here I´ve been waiting for over 24h and nothing happend. For few hours I thought it maybe my fault, then I came across this thread.

I don´t even know if this post shows up, but I dont care anymore. There are enough other 3D-sites and many of them with a lot more traffic, NOT using such a user-hostile way to block spam.

I´m out, good luck going that way.

I will be looking for another 3D forum.
I only want to add, this is doing blender no good.

A disappointed user, who does read FAQ ans uses a search function.

Ah well not my problem anymore.

Same problem :mad: I was registred since 2007… not cool
I tryed to post news, new thread, new post … nothing…nada…rien :ba:

Hmm I wonder if I can post here…
It seems like posts in the Animation Support Forum always need to be reviewed first no matter if they contain links, images or attachments. At least when you’re new. So that’s why the news section is flooded with questions - I guess you didn’t want that when you started infantilizing new users?

hmm so this is post #1… 4 to go.
I’m usually no spammer, this might not be easy…

–edit–
got 5 now but still can’t post in the animation forum…
can I edit a link in here? http://www.google.com

Hi,
I’m like all of you, I’ve been a reader of this forum for years now and I’ve finally register to post a thread because I need advice and I want to contact other french professionnal users of blender and I’m really disappointed !
I’ve tried to start twice the same thread in the WIP, and again in the modeling section, and nothing ! No PM, no notifications, nothing… If the solution is to post without any links or attachement I’ll try soon, but it’s been 3 weeks now since my first attempt !!!
Definetly not a good start in this forum…

The worst thing is that I didn’t see anything really obvious talking about this issue.

The answer is, as already mentioned before, but some seem to read over it:

You can post!

But, when you are new to this forum, regardless if you are experienced with Blender, you aren’t able to abuse or misuse the forum for your own good… or something like that.

(or some reasoning like that)

What to do?
Well for starters post your questions with out using links.
Second, you should try to participate in the forum, by helping other starters out.

And yes, how can we help out, when we are new…
This is correct, but when you browse the forum, you see you can help answer questions like this this thread.

I’m sure a lot of these threads will follow, so inform people with what you already know / found out.
Just like I am doing right here, right now!

And if more people do this, I’m sure for future reference this does help some people out and it will get easier to find this information.

Good luck,
remember: no links!

Well, I guess we need to settle down. The reality is the admins probably don’t have the resources to implement a captcha system. (time or money or technology, ya know, resources) this is the most efficient way they could think of to keep us all ad free and from the server gagging up spamballs.