Node Kit - Blender add-on to manage (save and load) nodes in Node Editor

Thank you very much.:grinning:
The node was connected without problems after deleting the preset.

There are two strange places.

1. If there is an imageTexture node in shader and no image is loaded in blender, an empty node is created

Is this difficult to load images automatically?

1. When loading a compositenode preset into an empty scene, the first error will occur.

It seems that complex nodes can not be reproduced well.
Please check if you can reproduce the node of this site.

1. If there is an imageTexture node in shader and no image is loaded in blender, an empty node is created

Yes, This is very difficult to load image automatically, due to not have a Python API to do that.

1. When loading a compositenode preset into an empty scene, the first error will occur.

Can you upload the blend file so that I can reproduce this error?
I think there must at least one scene active to restore the node tree to it. it seems this error shows there is no active scene at the moment.

It seems that complex nodes can not be reproduced well.
Please check if you can reproduce the node of this site.

Yep, right now complex nodes (a.k.a node groups) is not supported, but they will be supported in the up coming updates.

There are two kinds of complex nodes in Shader Editor and Compositor Editor, there are:

• Shader Node Group
  • Compositor Node Group

Also check out the Development Plan, they are listed in there

Just bought this and I was wondering if you have plans on adding an update/re-save preset button so you don’t have to create a new preset in order to re-save.

Also, it seems with node groups it gives an error from missing data blocks. Oh! I am now reading you mentioned is not supported yet but it will. Good to hear.

I am getting this error when recalling a preset which is not a node group.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Node Kit\core.py”, line 607, in execute
dict_to_nodes(nodes_dict[“nodes_list”], node_tree)
File “C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Node Kit\core.py”, line 516, in dict_to_nodes
input_dict_to_socket_value(inputs[index], input_dict)
File “C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Node Kit\core.py”, line 168, in input_dict_to_socket_value
input.default_value[0] = value[0]
TypeError: ‘float’ object does not support item assignment

LMABit, thank you very much for your purchase. :smiley:

Just bought this and I was wondering if you have plans on adding an update/re-save preset button so you don’t have to create a new preset in order to re-save.

It seems the best way to resave or update a preset is to restore it and save it as a new preset. (With a different preset name.)
We shall discuss this feature later if we have a better idea.

Also, it seems with node groups it gives an error from missing data blocks. Oh! I am now reading you mentioned is not supported yet but it will. Good to hear.

Yes, I just mentioned that working with node groups will be in the up coming updates. :smiley:

I am getting this error when recalling a preset which is not a node group.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Node Kit\core.py”, line 607, in execute
dict_to_nodes(nodes_dict[“nodes_list”], node_tree)
File “C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Node Kit\core.py”, line 516, in dict_to_nodes
input_dict_to_socket_value(inputs[index], input_dict)
File “C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Node Kit\core.py”, line 168, in input_dict_to_socket_value
input.default_value[0] = value[0]
TypeError: ‘float’ object does not support item assignment

It seems you got the same error with hidesai

I need more information to debug this error, can you upload the blend file which you were working on while getting this error?

And show me a splash screen of your Blender is good to help me debug this error as well.

My splash screen is like this:

20%20PM

Thank you for your support.

LAMBit, thank you for uploading your blend file with a detail info on how to reproduce the error.

I just made a fix to this error, please uninstall the old add-on and reinstall the latest one (v0.0.4).

Let me know if this fix works for you, :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for taking care of that issue. I got another one just to keep you busy. :wink:

It happens when using reroutes. All noodles seem to gather in a single reroute point breaking the entire node setup.

Screenshot_06072019_001

Thank you for your feedback, do you mind upload your blend file here? You don’t need external Dropbox link, just upload it here. Of cause if you prefer Dropbox, just do it.

:smiley:

I’ve used Dropbox because the system would not allow me to upload the file as it was too big. You can use the file I gave you just add a few reroutes and save the preset. When you recall it it will cause that issue.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback, I just updated to v0.0.5 which fixes your issue.

Version 0.0.5:

• Fixed: All reroute nodes stick together

Thank you so much it works perfectly now. I was wondering if you could implement this to work for the world shader too? I tried but it doesn’t work. This would be something amazing to have.

Well it’s great to hear that it works for you.

What do you mean by world shader?

If this is what you said about, then I can say this is a good idea, it will added to the Development Plan.

World Nodes:

Yes you can actually switch from Object to World in the Shader Editor. That’s what I tried as the Node Kit is still available in the N panel.

Screenshot_07072019_004

1 Like

Ok, makes sense, world shaders will be supported later.

Good news, Node Kit just updates to v0.0.6 which supports world shaders.

Version 0.0.6:

• Support world shader nodes

I appreciate your help to make Node Kit better and better, let’s progress step by step :smiley:

Oh man thanks a lot for adding that feature so quickly. Its a pleasure being of help. I now can’t wait to get the groups to work too as my world settings have groups and I forgot it isn’t supported by Node Kit yet.

Any ETA for when this would be possible?

Thank you mate, node groups will be supported in the upcoming days. I just need to figure out how to organize the code structure while adding this feature and make the code being easily maintained.

:grinning:

1 Like

Awesome! Looking forward to testing that out. Will report back if I find anything else. :slight_smile:

1 Like