Node Kit - Blender add-on to manage (save and load) nodes in Node Editor

One more thing now that I think about it. Would it be possible for you to create folders like this addon does it? That way we could separate by node types. Otherwise the list could get a little bit messy.

The addon reads a folder from the drive. I guess your addon create a folder too? Not sure if it would be easy to create a button to add new folders from the addon etc… But I guess you get the idea.

Screenshot_08072019_001

2 Likes

Last thing comes to mind is would it be possible to save only parts of a node and as well to add nodes without replacing the entire node setup?

Yes, Managing presets by folders is on the Development Plan as well, I think this is a good idea. Although presets are not saved in folders but in add-on preferences, yep, organize presets by folders is still possible in this case, don’t worry, let’s make things happened step by step.

:smiley:

1 Like

Last thing comes to mind is would it be possible to save only parts of a node and as well to add nodes without replacing the entire node setup?

After some searching, just saving selected nodes into a preset is doable, so this is added to the Development Plan as well, we can also restore a preset to the scene and other old nodes in the scene still remain there. Your requirements are doable and added to the Development Plan.

Your suggestions are so great. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good news, node group in Shader Editor (a.k.a Shader Node Group) is now supported in the v0.0.7

Please have a try and if everything goes right, I will make it to support node group in Compositor Editor as well.

Version 0.0.7:

• Support shader node group
2 Likes

It seems that complex nodes can not be reproduced well.
Please check if you can reproduce the node of this site.

Please check out the latest version (0.0.7) which supports node groups in the Shader Editor, node groups in Compositor Editor will be supported soon.

Thanks for that man. Appreciated how fast you added this feature. There is a couple of problems. Using frames is not supported and will send the image textures to one side further than where they were initially when saving it. Also in general minimized nodes will expand when restoring the preset.

Frame node will be supported in next update.

BTW, for minimized nodes, do you refer to this nodes in the follow image?

10%20PM

Just updated to v0.0.8 with frame node support and some improvement and bugs fixes.

Version 0.0.8:

• Save and restore minimized nodes
  • Save and restore label and color of nodes
  • Support Frame Node
  • Fixed: Export and import minor bugs

Yeap I meant that about minimized nodes. Thanks again mate it works perfectly fine. The only issue is that old presets give an error. I just had one which I deleted already but someone could have had a lot. Maybe it could be solved.

1 Like

No need to solve this issue, this addon is now having a new structure of preset, so deleting old presets and saving new ones will fix this issue.

:grinning:

Ok yeah that makes sense. I wonder if there is any way to recover the old presets somehow just out of curiosity for those that will have to do a lot of work if they had lots of presets.

No, haha.

And from now on, the preset’s internal structure will be stable, and will not change any more, later on, if we need to change the structure of presets (This will be barely happened in this may development plan), I will make this add-on backward compatible for old presets.
Don’t worry.

Awesome. Good to know and thanks again for fixing and updating it so quickly.

Thank you for your useful helps to submit suggestions.
(I know you use node editor a lot, so that you can figure out so many issues of this add-on)

1 Like

Updated to v0.0.9:

Version 0.0.9:

• Support compositor node group
  • Minor bugs fixes
1 Like

Animation Nodes support would be good.

1 Like

yep, why not, just added this feature to Development Plan.

Updated to v0.1.0.

Version 0.1.0:

• Don’t clear nodes and links while restore presets
  • Some minor bug fixes

Updated to v1.1.1, which supports images in nodes.

Version 0.1.1:

• Restore and render images in nodes
1 Like