Noob Animation Project (Name Later)

Nice work so far, I am interested in joining you guys!
I’am not that good at animation and texturing, but modeling is just fine. Just wondering if i could help you!

YT: Flag animation

Skyline:
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/3890/schermafbeelding2010102z.png

That is a very nice recreation/following of andrew’s tutorial. I must say that is pretty advanced, also the lighting, etc is pretty advanced, don’t sell yourself short.

Very few of your links/picks work for me, not sure if others are also having problems.

I’ll upload my picture again

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9875/dswalle1.jpg

Does it work now?

Ok this is like a crazy amount of people for one line of posts. I will try my hardest to have a development website done today.

@Graphix- I have a bamboo pen and touch.
@Frisovn- Good job modeling Wall-E.I put your name by the bookshelf. It should have an old wooden look, they had hand made nails back then so just keep that inmind. Also I think alot of the look sill come from the texturing. Yes we do have people that just want to texture.
@Jeroeng21- Great job on the that building. I’m in to modeling buildings is CAD programs, and I relise the skills needed to make a building in blender. Also I take it you are good with cloths? That is cool because we will have a lot of that to do.

@Everyone- Thanks for all of this help we curently need to find concept artists (Story, building and overall) We have plenty of modelers and texture artist at this point. I would like to move forward and model more, but in till we have story boards or how the whole short is going to look, we are at a stand still.

We have two options: 1st being wait till we can find concept artists or 2nd being just model the whole building and reasize some of the work may go to wast do to the fact that it might not show up in camra. Let me know what you think.

Also please ask anyone you know who is good at making stoys to join this project. Even if they don’t know blender that is perficly ok we just need to move down the story design and scripting path. Once I get the website up and running we can start a thread with everyones ideas.

As far as the outside of the building I like the ldea of doing a cross between these three pics. With the Tan stone type design as outside texture. Look at post #221 for my ideas on what the landscape will look like. Now I just need to find people to help draw what the inside will look like.

Attachments

I can draw… Anything you want. Just say the word and no sooner said then done… well, if I have the time. I can also try my hand at a building possibly this weekend. I’m really bogged down with homework, another animation, and finishing my 21 gauge plate aluminum armour that I’m making.

cool we more or less need the inside of the building drawn out. Like what all of the rooms are going to look like. We can figure out the outside when the inside is done. As you know I came up with that long design document but we don’t have a stoy yet. So I couldn’t go any further with modeling it all out. Here is what are steps need to be right now:

1. Inside concepts done.
  2. Genral story events typed out
  3. Start writing a script (quinty_68, still can use more)
  4. Start story boards once the script/overall movment is decided.
  5. make a list of all of the models needed
  6. Finish modeling/texturing all of the props
  7. Finish modeling/texturing the charecters
  8. Do be decided (This is a long ways away)

FYI for everyone quinty_68 is starting to work on the script/story. So I just through this together really fast. Let us know what you think. (The website is almost done)

Characters:
Young boy:
Age: about 12, He is stuck in this orphnage, Missing his family a lot. Not sure what happen to them, He thinks an acedint, but who knows he is just always found thinking about them.
His Brother: Age: about 16, He turly loves his brother he goes though just about everything to get him out. his edrenaling is always going. His only goul in life at this point is to get his brother out.

As far as other characters there are the staff, and other kids.

Story: It is set in 1800’s England and about a young buy who is living in a poor orphnage. His brother comes along and wants to get him out but for some reason they won’t let the young boy out. They also won’t let the brother in, he walks up to the door and they tell him to go away. This young boy reconizes his brother is trying to get him out and desides to come up with a plan to get him out. He also gets a group of kids to help get him out. They all team up and get out some how. The brother in the mean time is trying to get a team together on the outside.

That is about all we have so far. I think the goal is to have some suspence, but at the same time keep the audince feeling bad about this young boy who is stuck inside the orpnage. Like they feel how he is feeling and truly see reason for him to get out.

We should come up with a name for the group trying to bust the kids out. Oh, and for a happy ending, everyone gets out. Yaahh. BTW, I just realized, if we want to use the car that I’m making (started texturing) for any functioning use (driving, opening the door) it’s going to take a lot of rigging work. It’s a messy model. Oh, and everyone out there. We have a lot of solid item modelers here. We might need less then we have. If you can try to outsource your skills to things like soft bodies, texturing, animation, particles, landscapes (although Ssimpossible is already doing a fantastic job), etc. It would help the process of the animation. Also it is good to be able to do more then just one thing in blender. Trust me on that one. And anyway, the original intent of this project (as I understand it) was for people to learn and develop there skills in blender.

Happy blending

Ok drum roll please…

We now have a website.
http://noobanimation.ucoz.com/

Just go in click register and there you go. At first your acount will be auto transfered to a user group but once I know its you I’ll transfer you to the right user group. If everyone could use the same user name on here that would be helpful.

I Plan to have a “Tutorial” tab up soon on the site with tuts on how to use the site. PM if you have any problems. Hope you like it!

Hey everyone here are the tutorials please note all of the email settings work and also We still should use mediafire or what ever for all of the .blend files/Bigger files. We only have 400+(It grows) Free MB to use with this site. These tutorials I made for anouther site but they should still help you figure out our site. I think you will be able to tell/figure out the diffrences.

How to send a PM to someone: http://www.mediafire.com/?5tkaeqh72zshr4t
How to use the brown BCC Buttons: http://www.mediafire.com/?t3rp26ddca8io4r
How to use the furoms: http://www.mediafire.com/?1mxe7v2m794599i

Here is the link to the help thread I started: http://noobanimation.ucoz.com/forum/6-5-1#5

I would like to try a few of the books, below is an example of the kind off thing I can do.

I will just have to make sure that I am not breaking any copyrights, as not sure if i can just copy other books covers for.

Attachments

hey guys, im back for a couple days…off work…but not done working…nope…i have a table to finish…if someone can help me find some pictures of what they should look like that would be great…im too much of a perfectionist its driving me up a damn wall lol

@Aquaproductions- Lets make a thread on our website about this
@Stuat- I started a thread for the books, it has my reply in it

@Stuge-alright, i just joined and everything so trying to figure out how to use that site lol

Hey guys
I am one of graphix’s friends. I happen to have about 2.5 years of python experience, about 1.5 years of blender(but I’m still a noob), and a real website(www.eggplantanimation.com) (with lots of storage space and fast downloads). I introduced graphix to blender and taught him a lot about it :D:D:D:spin::spin:. Can I join as a script/model/rigging guy? PS, What kind of scripting do you need? PPSS I also have a couple fairly new computers, so I could do some blender 2.5 network renders!(When that time comes :slight_smile: )

Cool Cool welcome to the team. I have just made a website: noobanimation.ucoz.com, (BA Post #250) So feel free to register an acount on there. My goule is to get everyone over to that site, so we can be more organized and stuff.

I take it you are talking about programing? This is a good distance down the road, and we will discus it when we need it. Most of the programing will deal with rigging/animating I think. (Shape keys, default settings, exedra)

See you on our website!

If you ever want a .com, my hosting is unlimited, so I could start a new domain for about $10 a year. What should I start modeling?

You could even transfer the current site over to a new one, and have unlimited bandwidth and FTP accounts for all!!! I couldn’t set it up immediately, but once the project is really off the ground I could make it

Well, good to see you around again. BTW, you will probably have to gauge out my eyes with a melon baller tomorrow. ROFL. Havn’t found more time to work on car. Have loads of homework. I’ll try too soon.