NP Station

Thank you guys, it’s nice to see your support. I hope i will be able to upgrade it further.

I would also like to appeal to all the people from CAD - architectural, mechanical and other technical backgrounds to be more vocal and take a larger part in the development discussions.

Right now we are very low under the radar of the development teams and constantly being overwhelmed by artistic community. Not saying artistic aspect of Blender is not important, on the contrary, it made Blender what it is today. On the other hand, CAD topics are fading into oblivion, lacking visible support. I noticed there are quite a few CAD members around these forums keeping a low profile and just taking what they need, without showing appreciation or support (to be completely honest, i was like that for some time). The resulting impression is that CAD features are not in the demand and that there are no serious benefits from implementing them in Blender.

There IS the need for CAD features and they are possible under the existing Blender tech! And will make Blender better, more versatile and appealing to professionals. Here are some topics you can support through comments and overall presence (sorry if i forgot any, feel free to remind me):

New concept of Blender templates, with the emphasis on the CAD template - don’t let this idea fade out! This is probably our main battle front, be vocal!

An ongoing discussion on possible implementation of transform navigation, started by mano-wii. This upgrade is an obvious and badly needed upgrade for precise modelling workflows and needs your immediate support.

Archipack by stephen_leger, a possible beginning of real parametric arch objects in Blender

Mechanical blender by mauge - a new fork of Blender with emphasis on technical features, with unit control, upgraded snapping, reference planes and dimensioning

CAD snap utilities by mano-wii - drawing addon with phenomenal openGL snapping made from scratch

Extrude and reshape by mano-wii - upgraded surface push-and-pull tool with snapping

Sverchok , parametric nodes for architects add-on (Rhinos Grasshopper alternative) who is taking some attention lately

GSoC 2016 - Improvements to Bezier Curves project it’s awaiting some review to be included (hopefully) into the upcoming 2.79 version of Blender

BlenderCAM project who have some interesting 5axis gcode output (in beta for now)

Direct Autocad-Intellicad to Blender exporter LISP made by 1D_inc. Can be of great use for architects.

Offset edges by Bon Baba, now a standard ‘CAD offset’ workaround for Blender

xOffsets by nBurn, a new, engeniring style approach to geometry control

Archimesh and Measure it by Antonioya

Edge Tools by zeffi and T+Align by mkbreuer

Mesh Align Plus by egtwobits and 1D_Scripts by 1D_inc

Layer manager by Alfonso Annarumma and mont29 - the best available workaround for CAD-like control of layers in Blender

The obvious grouping issues of Blender, tackled here. This thread withered out quickly with small response, emanating danger that this issues will not be addressed by developers.

A couple of issues initiated on Rclick Select site, thirsting for support. Rclick Select is the main message board for Blender suggestions.

Now is the right time, the major changes are happening as we speak, with the 2.8 evolution and will go on in the next few months. Speak up!