OctaneRender™ Blender 4.0 plugin version 2023.1.2 - 28.13 [STABLE] released

I hope someone does a full course on octane in blender when it’s released because it seems like a completely different workflow

Yeah I would like to know as well, nothing has really changed that I know of from the information Jules posted on this thread:

OctaneRender 4 free Tier FAQ:

A free version of Octane 4 will be released under a new subscription tier, limited to 2 GPUs maximum and only available in certain plug-ins.

When will it be released?

You can already use the full version of Octane 4 for free inside Unity. Other plug-ins, will roll out around Q1 2019, shortly after we complete all the work on the all-access multiple subscriptions.

What tools besides Unity will be supported?

Blender is next. We are looking at tools that are free to use, like Blender, for the free tier, but we may add others in time.

If I own Octane or am on a monthly subscription with a plugin not in the free tier (like Rhino), can I also use add or use free tier plug-ins alongside my paid licenses?

Yes.

Will future versions of Octane be supported in the free tier?

For 2018.1 and later, we may need to rethink the 2 GPU limit as a differentiation from the paid tiers . it is meaningless when two GPUs give you 800-1000 OB and 22 GB to 50 GB of combined VRAM:

There are plans for a series of tutorial videos, but nothing is out yet.

1 Like

Oh that’s awesome

Comments on FB also suggesting something:

1 Like

news ? video demo ? is it really better ? RTX support ?

I haven’t heard any more news yet. :confused:

1 Like

Sorry for saying this again. There is nothing wrong with it if something is delayed. But Otoy do not keep their promises and if anybody are still asking, they simply refuse to answer. As I see they aren’t a reliable company, therefore who knows that ever will be anything. Maybe they’re too big and forgotten the users perspective. Sad.

Or maybe they getting this questions every single day and can work on it, OR responding every time with the same phrase “when it’s done”?

1 Like

From Otoy’s forum:

You can already use the full version of Octane 4 for free inside Unity. Other plug-ins, will roll out around Q1 2019, shortly after we complete all the work on the all-access multiple subscriptions.

Or this: https://twitter.com/OTOY/status/1065942521979711488

Perhaps they should not make statements that are not being respected. That’s why they got the same question every single day.

The free version of Octane for Blender will be available after Octane 2019.1 RC1 release.

1 Like

How to sell more subscriptions? Announce (lie to people), that the software will be free very soon.
I call this scamming.

1 Like

I don’t think they did actually sold subscriptions to those who are waiting for the free version. Those who need a GPU renderer for professional work are either already paying customers or using competing renderers like Redshift, Vray, I-Ray, Cycles etc…
It seems like a marketing stunt to generate attention, but since they failed to deliever (except for Unity) i think this could have the opposite effect of pushing people who where interested away.
Also bad timing…OTOY has to deal with the 2.79 to 2.8 switch which costs extra time.

1 Like

Another sneak peek at the new 2.8 plugin, this is looking very interesting.

1 Like

2 Likes

Amazing that they’re still responding politely given the amount of ‘free, free, gimme, gimme’ demands they’re receiving…

One of the best GPU renderers out there FOR FREE and the ‘free, gimme’ crowd are still whinging and demanding.

4 Likes

Si Rt core enabled and stacking vram is in the program for this release ?

I have tested their buggy versions for five months on my own expense, for me it will never be free.

People who are promoting products, especially commercial ones, should refrain until they can announce general availability today. Don’t tell me how good it’s going to be. In the end you are merely working against yourself.

1 Like

I enjoy hearing updates from the dev team and see their progress, if you don’t want to hear about it just avoid the thread, also no they’re not working against themselves by posting updates, it’s literally marketing 101

3 Likes