Old Alarm Clock

Modelled and rendered with Blender 2.8 (Cycles). Texturing done with Substance Painter. Little Postprocess in Photoshop. I hope you like! Open for feedback…

97 Likes

Great details and beautiful renders.
My grandfather has the exact same clock at his home! :hugs:

3 Likes

Thank you!

I seen the first image and thought. Ok this is the reference image. Then I scrolled through the rest of the images. Awesome job, really nice details and worn details and all around render.

3 Likes

Thank you! Glad you liked it…

Wow, great job!!
The materials are from Substance Designer?

Would be awesome if you fix those little UV issues in picture 6! :wink:

2 Likes

Plain and (not really) simple. Good work on the shader and textures. Passed this example to my students as a reference for “not to hard to model but fantastic look”.

4 Likes

Its very good, well done. Id love to know more about the shaders.

1 Like

Thanks:) Texturing was made with Substance Painter and it’s included grunge/dirt maps. Some extra assets (like the stars on the back and the whole front clock face) i made and imported them as alphas/textures into SP.

Thank you!
Shader is very simple, because all the shading work done externally (via maps).
Here’s the node-tree

and the maps i exported from SP

2 Likes

It’s funny to say but we wan’t to be on time but don’t want alarm clock

I love how the base mesh is so simple and masterly done. Also the little wheel on the back for setting the time looks so good I wanna touch it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Your work looks amazing, congratulations :+1:
I like all the tiny details and materials you’ve used.

Now I can see, what could have been done to improve this one: https://blenderartists.org/t/an-alarm-clock/1116206.
So many things to improve my works…
Still a long way before me.

1 Like

Congratulations @ibotpl , i really love your work :clap:

1 Like

Awesome work.

1 Like

Thank you! Glad you liked it…

Wow awesome man. Just curious, how long have you been using blender? Also how long did it take to render? lol

1 Like

Thanks! Been using blender for about one year… Rendertimes were relatively low (simple shader + simple scene) about 5-10mins max per view on a gtx1070ti.