Omens I (concept project)

featured
concept-art

Hey guys, new member here. I started switching to Blender when Jama released his Patreon tutorials 2ish months ago. Needless to say I absolutely love this software, and here is my first project using blender as my modeling+sculpting+layout tool. Only thing I didn’t use Blender for was to render in Octane, but with 2.8 beta on the horizon I will be jumping into Eevee ASAP. Can’t wait. Hope to become an active member in the community :slight_smile:

Only one image is allowed as I’m new for now, so just check out the rest over here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/W2K18X
and over here for blender screengrabs:
https://imgur.com/a/7iZPcGC

PS: This scene was 100 million polys. Blender still took care of business!

(Avery) #2

That’s incredible! It was hard for me to tell if it was 3d or a painting!
Welcome to the community. Hope to see more of your work here! :slightly_smiling_face:

(anas) #3

amazing work !!!

Thanks guys! Glad to be here :slight_smile:

(Daniel Aubert) #5

Aleksandr, this is amazing! Must be featured, haha! Glad to have such talented artists here at the community. Welcome!! :smiley:

(ChameleonScales) #6

you’re #featured, welcome to blenderartists!

(Member) #7

Wow awesome work…

(xumu) #8

Impressive! You made me realised that I had used only 1% of the power of Blender!

By the way, could you share the hardware information of your device? The Blender on my laptop starts lagging slightly when there are 3 million polys and I have to hide some part to continue working, I am just wondering what kind of computer can handle the scene with 100 million polys.

(Richard Terry) #9

Oh wow, this is fantastic! Very awesome job, love the mood and setting.

(ManuelGrad) #10

Holy damn … that shit is hot!
Awesome job man!

(DDB) #11

could you please explain why you have 100 000 000 polys ? thats quite a lot

(DDB) #12

also how did you do to run this on the viewport smoothly with 100 mil polys ? what kind of gpu/cpu do you have ?
how much had a current sculpting scene in terms of poly ? how smooth was it ?

by the way , great work !!!

(ClarkusMarkus) #13

Love everything about this!

Crazy work! Tells an amazing story! Good job

Thanks so much everyone! It’s an honor to be featured!

Xumu - I have a 7GPU 128 GB ram dual xeon system, so its just about as powerful as it gets… I still used layers and stuff, but it truly was fine if I just loaded all layers. Obviously edit mode was not realistic but flying around and moving stuff was good enough. Actually exporting was a much bigger problem than the viewport.

Dododorian - Since I use a lot of 3d in my concepts I try to save time in the technical bits, I have a super good system and try to not spend any time on optimizing. Each character is about 3 mil polys and there are about 15 of them. Its a much smarter idea to remesh but I just don’t bother unless I experience slowdown. I also kitbashed a pretty large portion of the city because originally I had planned for a few more shots, but I thought I told enough of the story, so there’s only like 7 buildings visible but 20 in the scene. Octane is the same, it can just handle anything I throw at it, so its all good.

It will be interesting to see how I should change that for 2.8, with collections and eevee… I’ll be doing a lot of tests!

(DDB) #16

octane standoalone or integrated inside of blender ?

Standalone

(Aotuhm) #18

Great blend between 3D and painting! We have a hard time guessing :wink:

(Bart Veldhuizen) #19

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

(nikvili) #20

Awesome work. Welcome to the blender side. :slight_smile: