On the Haunt 3 - The Final Fatality is OPEN (one day late :)

Ladies and gentlemen,
Boys and girls,
Rockstars and genderless space mutants… :wink:

I’m proud to present the third annual On the Haunt contest!!! YAH!!!

http://aspyre.net/onthehaunt/logoblack.gif

http://aspyre.net/onthehaunt/

Site is very buggy (trying my hand at writing standards-compliant code for once) but is very decent in new browsers. It will look very crappy in anythign that’s not new (Netscape 4) but it’s readable and usable. I’ll get it looking better soon!

All the info is there!

Now GET TO WORK!!!

P.S. Not sure exactly what forum this should have been posted in, and I didn’t want to “cross-post” sorta… so could you lovely dear little administrators move this to the appropriate one for me? Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

YAY! :smiley:

/me fire up Blender and gets da spooky scene done.

Martin

/me also fires up ye olde 'puter to create some creepy creeplings…

Yay!!
Paradox

ALLRIGHT!!!

YEEAAAHHHH!!!

Just about I was going to give up hope…

ON THE HAUNT III is about to start… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This is going to be my first contest here…

Now sorry ladies and gentlemen I have a deadline to catch up with!!! 8)

skontar.

I’m happy :slight_smile:

(and I will retouch the GoH contest, as asked bt theeth :slight_smile: )

Stefano

Ok, I’ve been around the Blender scene for a long time, but obviously I’ve missed out on most of it, so forgive my ignorance when i ask, What is this On the Haunt???

hehe you don’t need forgiveness. I’m the one who did such a bad job on the site and didn’t even mention this!!!

On the Haunt is an annual “halloween” contest for Blender images (and now gameBlender games)… contestants upload lots of spooky renderings and then the community (and their friends/family/and anyone else they can get interested in the entries). The winner is chosen and usually gets some cool prizes (we don’t have many yet this year)!

I don’t have last year’s galleries back online yet, but you can checkout the first year of the contest at http://onthehaunt.tripod.com/.

I’ll get the site updated!

WaahOOoo!

I’ve got an idea! I’ve got an idea! [listen everybody, he’s got an idea]

Good stuff, bio! I’m on it… I’ve got the title for my submission worked out already, it’s “god please no…” So, nobody else go steal that, OK? Let’s hope I can actually make the pic as well!

I do use quite to many exclaimation marks occasionally, don’t I?

/me starts the engine.

Yay! On The Haunt 3: The Final Fatality is here! (boooo… booo… booo… boooo…) I’m trying to think of some surrealistic pictures in Microsoft Word (these are ideas) that would fit in with this. So far, I’ve got a graveyard, a prison cell (I think it’s the creepiest one I’ve got yet, tied with another one), an “Outer Limits” style picture that’s partly black-and-white part color (guess what’s in color), and a scene involving puppets (which ties with the prison scene for creepiness, though on a different level). Since I don’t want anybody to steal these ideas, I’m only giving you a little taste of these. The graveyard is probably not going to get made or entered, since it’s a little cliched.

I’m not going to make a scene from “Cube,” although it’s a little tempting… well why not… it’s a stereotype… you like “Cube,” what would be wrong with it… eh you’re right, I’ll try it out… Whoa, never let your dual personality interfere with your posts… WHY NOT?

I am trying to think of something that wasn’t really shown in “Cube.” Aha! How about a trapped room that… well, I’m not telling you!

Hmm… let’s see, GameBlender? Hmmm, I’ll probably do the graveyard scene in that instead… MEHAHAHA!!

However, I’m trying to get a short Halloween film done, so I’m going to be a little busy. Supposing I can get it done before Halloween.

problem with rules:

It says that we shouldn’t be like “George Bush does THIS!” (shows people getting killed in the shadows). i have a bizarre philosophy almost out in the open in one image, and in another, it has a message written in blood. Is this prohibited?

A couple questions wrt the rules.

1. Is the use of Dynamica http://www.centralsource.com/blender/dynamica/ allowed?

2. What were the low/high resolutions to be used?

Joking around is fine and stuff. The rule you’re talking about is basically referring to people who will get mad when their images are rejected because of too much/blood or gore, and then saying I’m just not artistic enough to see their true meaning or whatever etc. etc. So who cares about artistic message! We want to have fun here… not argue over the meaning of “art.” :stuck_out_tongue:

Blood is fine too. Like I said it’s all in taste. Blood spraying from the bursting eye of a realistic zombie is kinda over the top… but blood on the wall etc. is just fine. :slight_smile:

Jarell: Dynamica is allowed. And I’m not sure the resolutions yet, but most likely800x600 and 1024x768

Ho hum… why do I always have all these exams before halloween :-?
Well, I’ll have at least a few days after to try to get something together :slight_smile: the final date for the deadline will be interesting.

1. pofo

I got 2 questions to submit.

-1st: Can I use an image I did before(out of contest) ? I’d like to work a bit more on it and maybe submit.
( https://blenderartists.org/viewtopic.php?t=4901&highlight= )

-2nd: Is the ‘no post-process’ really strict :-? ? i.e. can’t we put some text on the image ?

Sure! :slight_smile:

-2nd: Is the ‘no post-process’ really strict :-? ? i.e. can’t we put some text on the image ?

When the .blend file is opened and you press F12, it should render the same exact image as you entered into the contest. Just put text on a texture and align it squarely with the camera. If you want to add artist information or whatever, don’t worry, as that will be shown in the galleries anyway.

Better work on a Blender game I have planned. MWAHAHAHA! Oh, sorry.

Supposing I can get a monster modelled, I’ll get to work on the “TOL” image I have planned! (I didn’t tell you about what it is? Good, you’ll be surprised :smiley: :slight_smile: :o :o :o :-? :x :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: 8) MWAHAHAHAHA!)

Oh, and that TT image (don’t ask, again, you’ll be surprised) and the “Cube” image (if you want to get it, see “Cube,” but the trap is totally new–you won’t find it in the film, and I should know, I’ve got the film memorized :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Hmmm… better open Blender and work on these ideas.

Just off the record… How many times, exactly, have you seen it? And try to be honest… :wink:

I seriously have no clue. Really. The same goes for “And Now For Something Completely Different,” and “AI: Artificial Intelligence.” Ahh… memorizing films you like can come in handy at school if something boring and unuseful is going on.

But if you need a number, 17,576… more or less… :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: 8) Realistically, probably about 35 times. I’m most likely under the real number, though. Hmmm… probably 50, and about 15 or 20 for “Completely Different” and “AI: Artificial Intelligence.”

Back to the contest, I think I’ll just use the “TOL” image, a philosophical one, and the blood-on-the-wall one, since I can only submit 3 images…

Cube was an OK movie (far from my favorite). The thing
that stood out the most when I watched it though was that
most of the actors from the film also appeared in the
Canadian TV series ‘Traders’.

Chris

P.S. I’m sponsoring a Blender 2.0 Guide as a prize for the
contest, so y’all better get to work!