Ontario Canada Non Profit Historical Group Needs Help!

go ahead, , when is the meeting going to be held and the other question is where?
btw, quick textured version

http://www.made2destroy.net/work/textured.jpg

I will try to hold the chat session for my group to meet you guys on Thursday night September 21st at 9:30pm eastern at our website

www.bynginlet.co.nr

Can you make it?

Gary

u guys an msn group for a historical sosiety??? lol
anywyas yea i can make it

Yes we use an MSN site as our website for the society. We’ve released a historical Book last April which is included in the National Archives of Canada as well as the Provincial Archives of Ontario. We use the group as its an easy, and free way, for people to connect with us.

Gary

Is there software that allows you to create a 3d landscape for blender purposes based on top maps?

Gary

chyren do u have msn msngr?? if yes add me ([email protected])

u gota keep ur apointments, me and mike were waiting for u to show and u never did…

What happened Gary? Vitaliy and I were waiting for the meeting on the chat forum on your website…:confused:

Sorry I missed the chat room. Any update on any of the images your’re working on? I’ve been getting a lot of buzz?

Gary

we actualy stoped working becouse no one could get in contact with you, me and mike thought u walked out on us so we didnt do anything except that general store and the movie theater

Check out: www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/ , there you will find a very interesting software called Terragen, it can create outstanding realistic landscapes. And if I am not mistaken, it can import topology data through a height image.

There’s also a python plugin for Blender to import terrain meshes (this could aid in the process of casting Blender object shadows into the Terragen made images).

Hmmm, the site seems to be down, what a pity. Just google Terragen images and you’ll see what it is capable of. Anyways, I can help with Terragen related stuff, I don’t have the time to model a whole building but I can sure work with landscape creation.

Could you possibly get in touch with Michael Lei, head of this project, and see if you guys can touch base on what we require? His email is
[email protected] and we’re having a chat session Thursday night at our web community at www.bynginlet.co.nr

Gary McLaughlin

me and mike know that, and we have contacted him with no response within a week, he schedualed the meating for last thursday and didnt show

If I send you a copy of the topmap I have for this area do you think you can work on rendering it?
Gary

Sure! Just mail it to me.

I understand to build a 3d interactive map we are in need of a programmer that can build us an engine or modify an existing one to allow us to make our 3d map “movaround-able” Now we’re asking for someone kind enough to donate his or her time to assist with this project. Its in support of a historical society and will allow us to share history with students and libraries for years. Anyone out there?

Gary

The game engine could be your answer, it depends on what machines you’ll be running this on. I’m interested in helping out on the project, but since I’m busy with school I’ll only be able to take on a small piece of it.

Chyren, greetings,

i can not help with you project, for i am a busy man,
but i want to help with your bad sunburn, we need treatment fast

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~nellim/sun.jpg

here you can find some helpfull facts and defintions about sunburn

here you can find helpful sunburn products

arm yourself, and protect yourself

well there are curently 2 artists working on tis (including myself) and the third person which we fail to contact was supposed to do the terain, what i think Chyren wants is someone who wants to stick with the project for a while (correct me if im wrong)

oo yes forgot to say, we have tried the game engine and the ammount of poly’s this thing is gona have plus all the contant is gona eaul out to be a load of lag, we took it into consideration already

Well, being a Blender Game Engine user myself, I kind of know the tricks involved in the creation of interactive content, and there are a LOT of tricks that can be used to optimize your buildings and terrains so that they work correctly into the Blender Game Engine.

Then again, I have NO idea of the amount of content you want to include so, it’s all up to you really.

There are also alternatives like Ogre3d, or you can even check out the status of the Blender Ogre3d integration.