Parkour Pro The Game DEMO OUT NOW!!!!!!!!! currently a beta

I think Doggie_B is right, making a side scroller could be easier, and would allow bigger scenes, while being very fun (see mirrorsedge2d, for example : it is 2d, but still funny to play). Good luck for your game!

The 2d version of mirror’s edge was actually pretty fun. Maybe you can add a multiplayer race mode or something?

you may want to rig your character first that way if you need to cut new loops or remove polygons to get smooth deformation you eon’t need to rework you UVing or texture. So if your not confident in your model deforming I suggest rigging first.

just started to rig.
here is my problam.
iv created a Armature, and parented the man to the armature as a armature.
but when i moved the arm some of it was left behind.

best would be to use vertex paint to get the extra stuff left behind.

a tutorial on it anyware?

great a parkour game, i like the idea.

i wont be a while, putting a new graphics card in.

You may need to adjust the envelope settings…

and yet, its spelled “parkour”.
Are you ignoring me?

not sure if i shall change it, becouse iv just created a logo.
ahh well il re do it.

So, you jump buildings?
Like Peter Parker?:wink:

This is going to take some serious programming, something equivilant to assassin’s creed, where you can jump and hang on ledges.

I would actually love to see it in full 3D, the frustum and occlusion culling recently added should help take care of FPS issues.

Maybe have painted objects or arrows that’ll direct you to where you need to go.

If you have aby questions about how to make it feel like real parkour, the technices and stuff, just ask me. =)

Wow! I’d never heard of this before and just looked it up… I think I’m hooked! This would make an amazing game! I think a full 3d one would be more fun to play, but a 2d one would be more likely to actually get to a playable stage.

Best of luck with this!

Have you played Mirror’s Edge for PS3? It’s exactly what you are trying to do. If you wanted, you can play the game to get a lot of ideas from it. Good luck!

http://otothecleaner.free.fr/tutorials/LittleOTO/littleoto1/otolittle1.html its a little dated but maybe its good enough to walk you through or get you close enough to get it to work out by trial and error. OTO = awesome

hmm
i have a new problam.
when i move a armature the mesh shrinks?
apart from that iv done the rig and all works.

plus im really not good at animating a human, anyone

Oh, yeah, ive got those problems too, i hate it, no idea what to do…