Phoe sisters

So I started a new project for sculpting practice.
I’m inspired by “Phoe sisters” made by Carlyn Lim (https://www.artstation.com/goldantler). I will try to recreate the concept in 3d space. I like hard surface combining with biological form and cartoon style forms.
I don’t know if I will do both. We will see. :slight_smile:

My morning progress.

3 Likes

nice start in the blockout.

1 Like

Done some adjustments in with forms and positions. It’s great that now in 2.8 I can make shading while sculpting and see how forms build with different materials.

Also did some work on the face and hair.

1 Like

After base mashing I switch to Zbrush. Sculpting partis easier in Zbrush than in Blender. Working on small details. Started wit the chest and don some work on shoulders and “hair”.

1 Like

Today work on arms and legs. I wont to make asymmetry for arms folds. With symmetry, it’s lost its interest and look silly. Correct shape of lower chest-armor part.

2 Likes

Finished the face and almost done with the helmet. Helmet missing some metal part on top and the glass part. I plane to bake all and do game real-time mesh in EEVEE. Also, I plane to make hair in Blender with its instruments.

Holidays update.

nice work by the moment, but the pelvis look inappropriate for a robot IMO, thats looks easier to break with a kick lol.

Yeah, the pelvis is the Achilles heel. Do to the concept it’s right, do to the logic - not much. But I don’t worry about that.
There also floating shoes, without any explanations. !!The magic holding them together. I don’t know if I want them in the end, I prefer normal steps for this lady rather flying around.
Overall the concept is weird, but that’s why I like it.

The modeling with pelvis will be done next. The hard surface I leave for Blender.

1 Like