Phoenix Smith's Sketch Book

Thanks Craig!

Working on a P90 to improve edge flow and topology. I will probably remodel the main grip, but it’s coming along.

Pillow made with cloth simulation-

2 Likes

The household objects you have been making look pretty good (especially the pillows).

I wonder if they’ll eventually wind up in an interior scene one day.

Thanks Ace, I hope to do interiors once I get more practice/models.

Couch (the stitching on this was a pain)-

1 Like

Playing with Boxcutter and Hardops-

More interior work-

W.I.P. Interior-

Another couch-

1 Like

Some cute models here. :slight_smile:

Thanks zimetajs. Working on another interior and some stools-

1 Like

Speed modeling (20 minutes) for a Unity Shoot’em-up-

great stuff here! I like your style and shading a lot, could you share some workflow in terms of shading / texturing with us?

Thanks sayris! For my personal workflow, the biggest influence on me has been buying Substance Painter. Sure it is a tad pricey; however, it has improved my materials tremendously. I use the Substance Painter Live Link to bring my maps back into Cycles. I also own a Ugee pressure display to use with PS or Substance Painter for some of the finer details like the stitching on the couch. An Intuos tablet would substitute just as well. Finnaly, learning to use HDR maps was a huge jump for me, and I use them for just about everything with the following setup, which lets you rotate the HDR for proper lighting/rim lighting-

I am hoping to record some more timelapses soon, so that might be able to show my personal shading/texturing workflow better than I can explain with words, but hopefully I mentioned some useful tips in all this.

Messing around with a quick Bitcoin mockup-

1 Like

Soccer ball modeling exercise-

All of it is just great, really good showing all around!

Darn, I definitely agree, some super high quality you got there. Wish I knew how to do cloth simulation for pillows now that’s impressive. Also how to stitch the clothes. I’ve been wondering about on that for last few days. I know there’s an addon and external program for it, but I prefer to do it a barebone for now since I’m only using Blender as a hobby at the moment. :slight_smile:

The stool and its texture/shader is impressive too!

Thanks Craig and DreamMaster! The pillow cloth was just cotton cloth and force physics in the center, plus some sculpting for details/larger folds. There are a lot of tutorials on YouTube if you want to try. I stitched the cloth just on the normal layer in Substance Painter, so that is not a mesh. Its just normal mapping that is faking stitching.

UMP45 WIP-

Followed CG Masters tutorial on Thor’s hammer (which displayed some nice use of the inset tool I had not considered), and textured in substance painter.

Working on a very tricky SMG (I have already remodeled multiple pieces 3+ times).

WIP material and texture work: