Phoenix Smith's Sketch Book

Added stenciling-

I’m not one for low-poly stuff, but the ship is cool :slight_smile: I’d like to see a high-poly version of it :smiley:

:wink: Thanks! Lowpoly has it’s place though. :slight_smile:

Oh of course! I don’t hate it, and I respect it, it’s just not my thing :smiley:

I completely understand. :slight_smile: It was not mine either until recently. :slight_smile:

Messing around with an Iron Man helmet. My reference was missing some of the pieces, but I was shooting for a bit of a difference anyways. :wink:

1 Like

Camera tracking is awesome!!! :slight_smile: :RocknRoll:

1 Like

Testing out Michalis’ UV/displacement method-

1 Like

Messing with various renders. :wink: I was testing some editing tools and these look cool so hey why not post them. :slight_smile:

Attachments

1 Like

Screen saver redone-

1 Like

Joking around. :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously though, this works. Slap black lines on an image and bam! :wink:

Some older stuff-

Attachments

1 Like

Alien bust moving along. I may have gone overboard on post. :wink: Head is BI and metal is Cycles. Small issue on the collar. I assume it is from the alpha channels.

i like the camera tracking video, and the cups in post #91 are really great. they stick out in quality. wonderful objects. seriously.

1 Like

Thank you! :wink: It was a fun scene to do.

Almost done! Look at that small node setup! :evilgrin: Click for better version! The nodes are for adding head+body (which was kind of hard and took a lot of combinations of alpha channels and blurring) then using masking to add fake shadows between them. Also some color correction and chromatic aberration. Finally I changed up the eyes a bit with masking and added a vignette with a custom group node.

1 Like

Working on stuff for my portfolio. :wink:

Cool stuff! :smiley: I’ve wanted to do an Iron Man helmet for a while, looking good! The post-pro on the sink and dishes piece is really cool. Bravo! :smiley:

Thank you! Postpro is interesting since there’s such fine line between great and too much. I like to look at the original render and the edited one and think if I made an improvement or just changed it. :wink:

Arc reactor. This feels “meh…”, but I still need to work on it more. :wink: