Phoenix Smith's Sketch Book

Messing with caustics in yafa-

1 Like

Very nice :smiley:

Thanks! I have the parts for my new computer and am going to build it probably over the weekend. :evilgrin: I need that geforce 770!

Messing around with the booltools addon which is completely awesome (I tried to make this without extruding as much as I could only cutting parts away)-

1 Like

Messing with ANT+Remesh-

More with Remesh/Yafaray-

Voxel Pumpkin-

Rubiks Cube (Cycles) [I know the dof is over the top]

Less-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]323176[/ATTACH]

Dat Post Pro-

Finally! I spent just over eight hours building my new computer and getting it running. The difference in render times is insane. 45 seconds versus 45 minutes insane. :smiley: First renders on the system (both under a minute)-

1 Like

Vase at 1000 samples (1:30 minutes)-

My new desktop screen saver-

1 Like

With a gpu you can tweak your materials/textures so much better. For an artist near instant feedback on lighting and those is so helpful.

Agreed.

I love the copper in this render, very believable. Nice lighting as well.
The glass however seems a bit on the new side.

Thanks! Argh! How could I forget the glass… I guess I got caught up in the shininess of it. :rolleyes: Ill work on that.

Still looks real nice.

Thank you again. Here it is with fogged up glass. I still need to add some nice scratches over more of it.

1 Like

Amazing job on the meter, very professional looking, one can practically mistake it for a photo.

I’d say that this is one of the best images in your entire thread, you seem to have learned quite a bit since it was started.

Very cool.