Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

Setting up a PME Dialog pop up for orientations, snapping, and proportional, etc, and ran into a few things - not sure if its PME or Blender2.8 beta stuff, but here it is.

Adding the Snapping Elements to a PME dialog pop up by right-clicking on the icon in the header of a 3Dview (type set as Custom (List)), they will show up as a column of icons. Its nice to do it this way since the buttons will remain highlighted to show which is selected.

snapping as custom list:
as_customList

This seems to work for most things in that header area except Transform Orientations (Global, Local, Gimbal, etc). When using right-click to add Orientations, after selecting the button in my dialog pop up, it skips the part where it asks you how you want to use the operator (the ‘select type’ dialog box), leaving scene.type in the PME editor command tab. Custom created orientations (+) seem to have similar problem

transforms as custom list:
transform_orients

When trying to set up the Orientations as a Command (not using right-click), the button responds as if its a property with a pull down menu with all orientations, instead of a button with a single specific orientation

Also, setting Snapping Elements as ‘Property’ type has different results than when setting Pivot Points to ‘Property’ type. for snapping elements it makes a column list with just icons (actually kinda cool, but maybe not intended?), where as with Pivots its a drop down menu.

snapping and pivots as property
as_property

Hey guys!

I have 2 questions:

1. how do I make a pie option that support toggle?

2)how do I enable a multi object operation? in this case select multiple object and assign the "autosmooth option to them, it works only with the active object atm.

thanks!

1. Use a Stack Key with two items, one for each of the two states you want to toggle. An older tut here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZKiyKE_P4&index=12&list=PLsowJ3v5QWhE9db_GcPnSrTXWJrA5poWg

2. if you hold down the Alt key while applying autosmooth, it will set that parameter for all selected objects. This works with many things in blender. (Blender feature, not PME)

2 Likes

This Custom (List) option generates buggy buttons IMO. Using prop function with expand=True works better. Will add this option in the next version:

Eg. instead of Custom (List):

L.props_enum(C.scene.tool_settings, 'snap_elements')

we can expand buttons vertically:

L.column().prop(C.scene.tool_settings, 'snap_elements', expand=True)

or horizontally:

L.row().prop(C.scene.tool_settings, 'snap_elements', expand=True)

Hmm, can’t reproduce. Can you send me a screenshot (or a video) when/where you right-click Orientations button?

Try this code instead (Command tab):

C.scene.transform_orientation = 'GLOBAL'

Yep, Property tab uses prop function which can generate different widgets depending on the data. Check my examples with expand option above. They can be useful here.

Thanks for the info!

I added some gifs to previous post

Interesting ‘hack’:

If you change the icon of a parameter that has a check box, it will turn the button into a highlighted button, indicating which state its in. This can add some flexibility when laying out a custom dialog box or pie. I’m not sure if this works with all properties…

Icon Highlight
icon_button

Addon dont work with latest build. Any chance for fix? Thanks!

Hmm, it works for me. Please send me command line output.

When i uncheck addon:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\blender-2.80.0-git.c9df453ce70b-windows64\2.80\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 446, in disable
mod.unregister()
File “C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor_init_.py”, line 408, in unregister
re_enable_data = property_utils.to_dict(prefs())
File “C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor\addon.py”, line 18, in prefs
return bpy.context.user_preferences.addons[ADDON_ID].preferences
AttributeError: ‘Context’ object has no attribute ‘user_preferences’

When i check addon in prefs:

Exception in module register(): C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor_init_.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\blender-2.80.0-git.c9df453ce70b-windows64\2.80\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 393, in enable
mod.register()
File “C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor_init_.py”, line 375, in register
bpy.utils.register_class(PME_OT_wait_context)
ValueError: register_class(…): already registered as a subclass

its broken again on
latest build bot :frowning:

Yep, try this fix (updated). Still testing it but looks like it works. Extract the files to scripts/addons/pie_menu_editor and restart Blender.

New API changes: C.user_preferences is renamed to C.preferences and 'USER_PREFERENCES' to 'PREFERENCES'. Update these values in your menus if you use them.

@Pinhead, this issue is not fixed yet (will fix it today):

When i uncheck addon:
When i check addon in prefs:
3 Likes

Pie Menu Editor 1.15.11

What’s New:

• Blender 2.8 Beta Support
  • Bug fixes

How to Update:

• Backup your pie menus using Export button (optional).
  • Open User Preferences.
  • Go to the Add-Ons tab.
  • Click Install Add-on from File button, navigate to the file you downloaded and install it.
  • Restart Blender.
2 Likes

Thank You! When we can expect toolbars menus in 2.8 ?

You mean pop-overs? I’m going to add some editor for them in the next version (~1 week)

3 Likes

Like this:

Oh, I see. Toolbars should work in PME 1.15.11.

Yes! it works! Thank You!

Is there way to append operator entry to existing blender menu? Eg. I want to add new entry to buildin face Extrude menu?

You can extend panels. Will add this feature for menus tomorrow.

1 Like

Hello,

I created toolbar at the top. Its is very simple and works perfectly.
But when i go to preferences window - general tab. toolbar disappers.
It does not bother so much but maybe it can be easily fixed.

https://imgur.com/a/U9RusLt