Plains of Justice - Short Film - ABANDONED

Here’s a test material for the main body of the laser

when you rotate around it, it has a very shiny metal look

Attachments

Yep OOOOOOHHHH end it with the big laser firing into the camera!!!
lol, thats exactly what i was thinking!

i just used an image texture (these ones might be good, but its not the same one i used, i cant find that one on google again)
http://media.bigoo.ws/content/background/computer/computer_22.gif

maybe ill upload it when i get home, doin this frm skool. otherwise just brows around on google images.
i just told the texture to affect the normal value and not the colour. and them made the material mirror as well

cool laser btw, looking better everytime - i like the shiny material

ok nvm, im home, uploaded - here it is

do you still need a rigger?

oh definitly!! wanna join us? how experienced are you? Can i see some of the rigs you’ve done so far? can you do facial rigs?

i ve been using blender for one and a half year now. i am bad at animating, quite ok at modeling but my strong side was rigging. if somebody could provide me with models i’m happy to rig them. i will do body rigs not quite sure if i ll manage facial ones but i ll try. you need fk, ik both?

awesome, you’re in!
I’ll need your real name (preferably full) unless you are like Mr F1rst16 and wanna use some unpronounceable online name :stuck_out_tongue:
And sure, I’ll provide you with all the models… i hope you like naked people :wink:

To start you off, here is one of the important characters - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?61xy43u57ofknm7 - please do the rig and try the face, otherwise I’ll do it (although ive never actually done one, I know the theory and am pretty good at learning :stuck_out_tongue: )

oh and im no proffessional at rigging so im not too sure about the whole fk ik thing, but do whats best for a human, im sure i can tweak it afterwards

id be happy with my unpronounceable online name.

Could you send me the models with the cloths so I can add weight paints to it as well?

with what cloths? they dont have any clothes yet.

I’ve been experimenting with shape keys, and i guess i can do the facial expressions… just lip sync is a problem… maybe we can avoid it all together?

Should i model them? because it will be quite long rendering if the clothes aren t weight painted
I think lipsync should be done with a jaw bone thouger with the shape Keys never tryed this set up but i think to would work

ok sure, model them please!!! that would save a lot… with soft bodies i presume?

What kind t shit and jeans or robes, milatry?

i gave you the little kid ryt? so give him some typical kid clothes… i dunno… and i can give you some other characters later…

im not sure if ill manage the weight painting by myself. i finished the body rig and im moving on to the facial one. could i send you just the rig so you can weight paint it?

ya sure, when you’ve done the face you can send it

i had no idea how to do the nose control

You can control your nose? lol nvm… its fine, i can do that, do you want to send?

Just an update to those of you who care about the sexy other main character

and a closeup on the shirt material… looks a little odd… not sure why: