Plains of Justice - Short Film - ABANDONED

haha i hope its only just too big to post, i kinda killed my cap last month, dont want to do it again on the first day!

PS - just incase you lost it! [email protected]

heres an update on a whole bunch of things…
uh, sorry about all the big images…

this is part of the very first sequence… it zooms in on south africa…

zooming in… i used screen shots from google maps and layers the images neatly seamed over each other so you can zoom all the way in with good quality all the way

then with some nice visual effects, it zooms to this^^

eventually after some smooth camera movement swooping down, you see this ^^

getting closer… still modelling and animating the inside of one of the lil house thingies…

This is the super laser cannon AJ made - just tweaked a little… oh and here is a turntable

close-up on the laser nozzle

close-up on the extended mid section i edited to make the laser longer

the animatable power lever thingy

and finally a sweet hair test - this is the unedited hair model from loramel’s Ara’s Tale project, all hair credit goes to him!!!
but soon, ill remake it by following the nice long PDF instructions he gave me, THANKS SO MUCH LORAMEL!!!

again, sorry about all the images:o

In the last two hangar pictures, the textures on the cliff are very stretched.

The cliffs seem to be too extreme, and very grey, I doubt the topology is like that in that area.

here’s an update of the laser… I’ve gone in and changed it so it is less rusty, because the rust and metal chrome were not working together…

I’ve also made it a bit longer and extended the handles

Attachments

hey its looking good, i just love how you called it “laser thing” (i do that kind of thing when i don’t have time to think of the right name)

sweet stuff, but im kinda finding ur later efforts a little pointless. i think i already have what i want in my slightly modified version. you dont need to work on the laser any more. sorry if im a little harsh, but its just easier for me to use the one i modified that get you to tweak your original until it looks like the moded one. so sorry, but i think we’ve spent enough time on the laser thing.

right now, we need that script

You have got to give me another model to create!! In have no other things I’m working on…

haha, i dunno! how about the interior of the hummer? it’s already mostly done (by Rex), so theres just texturing and more little misc pieces

i’ll do anything really… All I have to do is a breakfast scene, and it isn’t even important!!

lol ok… and the laser?? i dont know how far you are with it, but the last one i got was the first one u sent :P… ill get the interior to you soon

wow. havn’t had an update for so long!!! We’re currently working on the trailer. Got a new team member as well (might only stay for the trailer)

Heres a few pieces from a tiny part of the trailer:
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac112/gregzaal/trail4.jpg

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac112/gregzaal/trail3.jpg

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac112/gregzaal/trail2.jpg

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac112/gregzaal/trail.jpg

The final film might be in HD… hopefully it will. I’m just concerned about render times…

You could always renderfarm it? Or do a cloud render…

ive got a limited cap remember? so it would be impossible to download all the videos once its finished rendering

Send it to someone else to put up on a cloud render?

I’ll still need to get them. maybe i’ll get someone in south africa to do it, so i can get it from them on a disc… anyway, we shouldnt worry about rendering, theres still a lot to do

If you can’t dl the vids because of your cap, and say you do it all, then how will you upload it so everyone else can see, comment, crit, etc…

Using a render farm makes real sense (everything is HD nowadays, even stereoscopic). Someone could snail mail you discs with the data on? Are you doing the final editing (splicing, etc)?

p.s. I’m liking some of the modelling, looking forward to seeing the end result… Good luck

Yep, im doing the final editing/splicing… and i’m getting uncapped within the next few months, so it wont be a problem i think - its just that the trailer wont be in HD. will most likely use a render farm.

The trailer should be out withing the next week or so, so look out!

VVVVVVVVVVVVV
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
------------------------------
TRAILER IS DONE!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

check it out here:

Sadly, it’s not as professional as I was hoping… I think I rushed the team a bit, but hey, dont worry, the final should be perfect!
Muzzle flashes and so on will be done in Blender, not externally like in this trailer

Looking good, hope to see more of this :smiley: