PolyQuilt addon for Blender 2.8

I think Japanese or Korean?

Good. Then there is hope for continued development of the addon
UPD: that’s not a good phrase. Correction.
I meant that there is hope in the near future to get addon development, because in Korea and Japan there are no distractions from programming.

Is there a working version with 3.3? I want to try this again if it’s now working with xray draw.

Hi Danny, well as I said I have really no problem at all with it. Let me check my version

My version is 1.5.0, I think its the future branch

I havent tested to reinstall it. But what sort of error do you have. Does the addon itself work and can you reach the addon preferences?

Thanks. No error. I haven’t tried it in ages. Just wondered what version of the addon you are using, but I see you say future branch. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, there were no update since quite a while. If I remind right Sakana wanted to wait for some retopo features being implemented, but not sure about that.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m trying to find the right version. The one I just downloaded isn’t available in the addons list even after a manual install? It was from the git link above about the 3.1 smooth tool error.

Can you post the link. Not sure which one you mean.

Edit : Generally I’d say my version should be this:

2 Likes

Thanks mate. Do we have to rename the folder or anything?. Addon list still won’t recognise it. Tried installing from the prefs and manual install?

1 Like

If you have an older version installed it should be possible to replace the folders content directly with the one from the subdir. Yeah double checked it, take the content the Addon/Polyquilt folder and use that to replace it.

No older version. I just unzipped the download and put the folder in the roaming addons folder.

Still the same. Create a folder Polyquilt in your addons folder and copy the content from “Addon/Polyquilt” directly in there.

1 Like

Oh right, it must be the bad folder name in the zip? I’ll try that.

Theres more content in the repository, thats why.

1 Like

That’s it. :+1: The folder structure was an extra layer deep. I never would have guessed that. Thanks mate. :grinning:

1 Like

Are you sure it works with Draw Xray?

Also, is there a way the enable backface culling for verts/edges? It’s weird that Blender only culls faces, but leaves verts/edges.

If you want an alternative you can also try this:

4 Likes

I found this too, but it looks like Draw Xray isn’t working for me at all, not just PQ?

1 Like

And what is your exact problem? The lacking draw offset of the image you posted?

Yep it works but it looks like you’re using the previous version of draw x-ray - you need to update to v2.9.

Oh man the backface culling issue in blender is :exploding_head:. But if use draw X-ray and turn off the infront setting then it works fine.

1 Like