PolyQuilt addon for Blender 2.8

Ah! Sure, help would be much appreciated! since I am not really sure what I am doing haha, but unfortunately it’s not on GitHub yet. I might upload it once 4.0 is released. :slightly_smiling_face:

In the meantime, you could probably just drag and drop the folder inside the zip into VSCode or a similar text editor and see the code that way.

3 Likes

Ok, thx. I would watch that.

2 Likes

PolyQuilt for Blender 4.x ??

There is still the OpenGL issue in blender 3.6.5 and MacOS Metal.

With blender 4.0 it’s not loading up. It’s installed from the previous blender version, but isn’t working with 4.x.

I really hope we can use PolyQuilt with Blender 4.x !?

Thanks in advance

So very happy to see this thread still alive. Polyquilt is literally the best Retopo tool hands down. Clean, simple fast. I was contemplating using Topogun again with it’s release but if @Dangry and @otsoa can make this work again in 4.0+ I for one would be eternally grateful.

Thx much!

2 Likes

Now I can use polyquilt on blender4.0.
I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Thank you so much, this addon consider the best retopo.
I tried all retopo addons and it all messy.
PolyQuilt is one of the best retopo tool its also near to quad draw in Maya.
@Sakana3 done great job, but not sure what happen to him we didnt see any update hope you are ok.

Hopefully the community start to continue development it.

@Dangry thank you again

3 Likes

Hey Thanks a lot.
By the way how did you make the retopo mesh to look like maya? with bold lines?

Its part of an addon I am working on that among many things adds a one click retopology toggle and theme options, should be released in about 2-3 weeks.
Retopogy Toggle

But it basically just changes the view port themes, theirs an option for edge width.

9 Likes

Awesome! Thanks a lot.
Can’t wait to try your addon.

1 Like

did i missed something? where is the version for Blender 4? I also really enjoy this tool.

there is a link here to a modified version.

2 Likes

Thank you :wink:

1 Like

Great to see you reviving this amazing tool. Sadly I’m just getting an instant crash with 4.0. No warnings. As soon as I click the Polyquilt tool icon Blender crashes/closes.

2 Likes

Wow, thats super weird :thinking:, works fine on all computers I tested so far and have not heard anyone else have this problem. Anyone else that get instant crashes when trying to use the tool?

Have you tried it on a factory reset Blender? Coulde be a problem either with you blender start up file or an interfering addon perhaps. Try it in Blender 4.1 alpha as well.

Also do you use Mac OS or Linux? What graphics card?

Please also try the old version in Blender 3.6 as well to rule out if thers any problems with the new 4.0 port, so we know if its a new problem or something that where there before.

Also please dubbel cheack that you installed the right version of the addon, it should look like this:

2 Likes

Yes, same version. I just installed it from the link above. I used to use Polyquilt back when the original dev was working on it.

Win 11. 3090ti. I’ve only tried it on 4.0 RC.

Edit: I’ve just manually deleted from roaming folder, reinstalled, and restarted, and it seems to be working ok now.

2 Likes

Hi, can you tell me why I’m having this problem?

Might be that face project is a new feature and PolyQuilt was not made to support it.

The snapping settings needs to look like this:

Otherwise it might not work correctly.

1 Like

Tried your settings, but it still doesn’t work. I will wait for the next update.

I think Polyquilt uses its own snapping and doesn’t rely on blender.
Having snap on and Face active is just a way to activate it, but it does nothing for polyquilt itself.

You can shift+click to select more snapping options and as long as Face is still active it doesn’t matter

1 Like