Portrait Sculpts

Hey, everyone!

I wanted to started doing more of these portraits while not getting too spammy with the finished projects section, so I’ll be updating this from time to time!

You can also find me on Twitter here: Consistency3D

All sculpted 100% in Blender 2.8 and rendered in Eevee!

Thanks for viewing!

1/29/20: DotA 2 (I think?) Commission

1/28/20: Wheatley from Portal 2

1/26/20: Black Canary from Birds of Prey

1/24/20: Mike Tyson

1/23/20: Batman test for weekend challenge

1/18/20: Harley Quinn

1/17/20: Joker

09/13/19: My Melody + Pom Pom Purin Tea

09/12/19: My Melody Environment

9/11/19: My Melody

9/10/19: Akuma from Street Fighter

9/8/19: Dan Hibiki from Street Fighter, multiple references

8/26/19: Makoto from Street fighter 3/4

8/25/19: Guile from Street Fighter 4

8/23/19: Sakura from Street Fighter 4

8/20/19: Sagat from Street Fighter 1/4, kind of borrowed a bit from both designs

8/19/19: E. Honda from Street Fighter 4

8/18/19: Cammy from Street Fighter 4

8/17/19: Ibuki from Street Fighter 4

8/16/19: Dracula from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

29 Likes

8/18/19: Cammy from Street Fighter 4

5 Likes

8/19/19: E. Honda from Street Fighter 4

4 Likes

As a Street Fighter fan, I really love your work! Do you have a Sagat sculpt by any chance? :grin:

1 Like

I was actually thinking of doing him tomorrow coincidentally! I’ll get back to you on that :joy:

Thank you for the support, I appreciate it!

2 Likes

Must be fate then haha! Who’s your fave SF character? I almost always play Ryu so I can spam hadoukens LOL

1 Like

Oh I’m no better! My favorite is Ibuki, and she’s pretty disgustingly high on the tier list in #4! She’s really different in #5 though, so I’m pretty bad with her now :joy:

1 Like

well I would love to see your version of Sakura!

2 Likes

SF fans unite :heart:

2 Likes

Yeah, Sakura and Makoto would be really fun! I’ll see if I can fit them in :joy:

1 Like

The dracula with the Michael Jackson nose is really creepy!

1 Like

Thank you, I try!

nice work man !!!

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate it!

8/20/19: Sagat from Street Fighter 1/4, kind of borrowed a bit from both designs

3 Likes

Woooohoooo! Sagat my booooy! :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Hahaha glad you like it :joy:

1 Like

You certainly captured his bad ass take no crap from nobody attitude!

1 Like

Thank you, I was agonizing over which design to go with. He’s changed a lot more than I thought for all of the games! :joy:

1 Like

Your renders are so crisp and pristine, did you retopo over your sculpts and UV them?

1 Like

Sorry, I fell asleep. No, my workflow is to use dynamic topology at constant detail for a very low setting, such as 30, and then when I get the proportions correct, I crank it up to 150 or 200 and go over everything with a brush set to 0 strength to subdivide it, since detail flood fill usually causes crashing and is generally annoying to wait for, and then I turn dynamic topology off and sculpt at full speed with the triangles it created!

Alternatively you can download the sculpt branch by Pablo Dobarro and replace the second part of the process with voxel remesh of 0.004 or 0.005, I did that for Sagat, but the results are about the same whether they’re quads or triangles if you ask me once you’re up at 5 million :smile:

For actually keeping them “crisp and pristine”, the main tools I use are smooth at a very high strength and crease, pinch, standard brush, and grab at a very low strength. High strengths are the destroyer of worlds and always make it super lumpy. If you build up to it very slowly with the standard brush at like 0.1 to 0.3 strength, I guarantee you’ll be able to control it much better! Hope that helps, although your sculpts are already amazing! :joy:

Also the colors are just vertex paint and Blender procedurals!

2 Likes