Post has been Removed

Post has been Removed

56 Likes

I like raw render more for some reason. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

haha, I KNEW someone was gonna say this!

1 Like

Wow! This is nuts. I’m in love with this render.
I think that the post produced one looks much better than the raw render.

Phew!
Thanks <3

I kind of like the raw render better as well. The final render is great too, but its a little bit too crisp and cinematic for me. The raw render is much more realistic for heavy fog/smoke.

Great job all around though! I wouldn’t have guessed it was all image planes just based on the renders.

3 Likes

Yeah the contrast is heavy, next one doe!
Also thanks <3

Much house! Such bog! Love your style and the fact you made planes of trees seamlessly (don’t listen to Chromfel) fill out a scene.

1 Like

Haha thanks. Best bog!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank Bartv!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

i love it, i have a question about optimizing the scene for rendering as i have a semi heavy scene with around 6-7 million vertices and crashes on certain camera angles when trying to render

1 Like

Great job! I love it. I use a lot of images as planes, but I have trouble with how they interact with the lights. Any tips or special settings for that? Also, how did you add the lens flare, if you don’t mind my asking?

1 Like

That’s the thing with not using actual 3D geometry, you don’t really get that thing to actually interact properly with the lights in your scene.
OP made a artistic choice that facilitates the fact he’s not using actual 3D models - and that is making everything back-lit so they’re all more just silhouettes. So they’re pretty much completely pitch black and there’s no issues with light not interacting with the 2D models.

2 Likes

The trick was backlighting then and volume to hide them a bit. I added a bit of translucent to it too to pick up the light as well. But yeah put em further away too!

1 Like

thanks, that’s good to know

1 Like

No problem :+1:

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #plants category! You can vote for it here.