Post your native language here, everybody!

dutch, great isnt it.
i also speak english, a bit german, and a tiny bit of french.

Bwahaa, Estonian!!

Kind of sad being the single estonian here, though.
Kann õlle ja Jumal olgu teiega!

And where are all the brits?

hey hey pick me pick me! :smiley:

well i’m a scot but i suppose that makes me kind of british

Finnish.

Yup.

/me high fives X-Warrior :slight_smile:

Martin

Was Afrikaans when I was a kid, but I use it so little that it’s now Canadian English (American English :P).

Cheers,

b01c

Finnish forme also…

My language is an eclectic amalgamation of various forms of American English plus a synthesis of various other languages that I have been exposed to including baby talk which my wife uses to communicate to the various species of animals on our ranch. I am forced to use baby talk because the animals don’t understand my form of English.
In Boston they say “Pac the ca”
In Philly they say “Park da core”
In Oregon they say “Park th’ car”
In Montana they say “PaarrrK thu rig”
etc so I may use any one of these forms to communicate along with a selection of Hebrew,Viet Namese, Ryukuine, Philly street talk and on a bad day I just say,

:x PARK-CAR :x

Oklahoman English… not to be confused with American English, it is similar in nature to Arkansas or Texas English but with Californian influences, as the 1849’ers came here for free land after it didn’t work out in Cali. Then there are the other people who spoke Native American tounges as first language… but I’m not one.

I talk like a Californian, because I tried to rid myself of all “hick” influences when I was 13 or so.

You know, my Oma’s (Oma means “Grandma” in German) native language is German. My Opa (that’s “Grandpa” in German) was in the army, he went to Germany, and met her (I guess that’s what happened). I used to know a tiny bit of German, but I was really young (like, maybe three). I knew it to speak to my Oma’s mom on the phone. Unrelated, I am happy that all you have answered this. Keep an posting, people!

You mean like Broken Arrow Oklahoman English? OOOOO that’s good English as I recall.

lol…america has many english versions in of itself

You’re right, Nathan. I remember when I lived in Georgia, the accent was different. Now, in Oregon, the accent is different. It’s my accent.

You aint know nothin’ boyh.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Pacific Northwestern English.

The only place in the world where English speaking people have no accent. :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean like Broken Arrow Oklahoman English? OOOOO that’s good English as I recall.[/quote]

You lived in Broken Arrow? I’ve never lived around Tulsa, always one hour away… Porum, Tahlequah (cherokee capitol), and until Friday when they kick me out of the dorm, Stillwater.

Tulsa is really a nice town, once you get to know it…

Dittohead, all English is an accent. For example, someone from Georgia would say I spoke with an accent, and they would say they spoke with no accent.

Arabic (from Syria). The first language I remember speaking is english- I actually learned and forgot (or so I’m told) Arabic before I turned 3, and then I learned it again at 6-7 yrs old
I’m also fluent in the binary language of your moisture evaporators.
As far as flavor of english: I started out speaking english-english, got a slight syrian influence, and then Americanized. In short: I am the only person in the entire world to speak English without any accent.

You lived in Broken Arrow? [/quote]

Never “lived” there but I have spent some time almost everywhere in my wandering youthful days. They were very gracious folks there in Broken Arrow in those days (1970’s).

Australian english here, mate!

I want to learn russian (I’m half russian) but I’ve never gotten around to it.