Post your native language here, everybody!

Pacific northwest is truly the place where there is no accent! To say otherwise is blasphemy!

You lived in Broken Arrow? [/quote]

Never “lived” there but I have spent some time almost everywhere in my wandering youthful days. They were very gracious folks there in Broken Arrow in those days (1970’s).[/quote]

Good thing it was BA, because we don’t smoke marijauna in Muskogee, hippie. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s where I was born and raised, southern Muskogee county.

well, english, but i’m learning New Zealands native language, maori, its beautiful

Kia Kaha, Kia ora!

Canadian-English. I’m going to Montreal at the end of this month for a school band trip, so I suppose I should brush up on my Canadian-French.

Are there a lot of people in Montreal who speak strictly French? I’ll have to avoid those people. I’m scared I’ll try talking in French to them and unwillingly tell them they’ve lost their mountain goat or something.

Actually I was an ordained minister of an evangelical sect at the time and had already long given up doing dubee’s.

Polish here. (hah, it sounds funny ;]) I mean native language from Poland. I wonder if any other Poles are here.

You’re going to perform somewhere or something?

Are there a lot of people in Montreal who speak strictly French? I’ll have to avoid those people. I’m scared I’ll try talking in French to them and unwillingly tell them they’ve lost their mountain goat or something.

A good majority is bilingual.

Martin

mother tongue french and I speak japanese, english and spanish.

Thus the nickname, which is a mix of spanish (loco=mad, because I am) and japanese (neko=cat, because I like them)

But I think cardinal Richelieu (to be confirmed) - who spoke something like 20 languages - said that the first 5 are the toughest.

Way to go ! :slight_smile:

Russian :smiley:

mystery

You’re going to perform somewhere or something?
[/quote]
Yeah. I’m in grade 11 at our high school, but I’ve been given the honour to rehearse (and fundraise :() and soon travel with the grade 12 symphonic band (they were short on trombone players). A few other grade 11’s are going as well. It’s going to be a blast.
I believe we are playing at the Vanier College music auditorium. We are performing in MusicFest.

Awesome.

I am Polish but born in the USA. Nevetheless I used to speak far more than I can remember now. Babush and Djadek instructed us.

hebrew is my native - though I know english and a bit of arabic too.

Canadian French like X-warrior and theeth. But my english is always better and better each day…

yay my little bro’ is going to the musicfest too.

Schwiizerdüütsch :smiley: (chuchichäschtli!)

German (really bad at english <- explains my post-count :slight_smile: )

I am multi lengual. My native language is New Mexican english (thats new mexico not mexico, yes we are part of the us). But I am very fluent in texas english, southern english and while it is similar to southern it isnt the same redneck english. Aside from those I speak a few words of russian, german, spanish, latin, french and gaelic. When I say a few words I mean that literally.

–edit–
Almost forgot Irish english :smiley:

very few german blenderheads here, I guess. And yes, I’m one of them.

:slight_smile:

This post’s fire is going out! Oh no! :expressionless: Here is some fire to boost this post:

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=fire/v=2/l=IVS/*-http://vernon.tamu.edu/HOMEPAGE/JANSLEY/images/Fire.jpg

Keep posting!

My native language is English but i can also speak a little Welsh.

Rydw i’n siarad cymraeg.
(I speak welsh)

Rydw i’n hoffi blender.
(I like blender)

Dydw i ddim yn hoffi siarad cymraeg
(I dont like speaking welsh)

Had to learn it in school, im terrible at languages.

Hi I’m new here and this looks like a good topic for my first post.

My native language is German. When I was in school I studied some Latin, French, Spanish and Portuguese but forgot 90% of it. My English teachers were British but I moved to the US two years ago so I guess I speak American English now as well.