Private Beach (Fluid Simulation)

Private Beach

This beach was created using Blender and the FLIP Fluids add-on.
It took a lot of trial and error, but I think it turned out better than I expected.
(There are many issues, such as the interval between waves is too short, but…)

Software used :
Blender 3.0
FLIP Fluids
Botaniq

Simulation Resolution : 350
Simulation Bake : 8 hours
Rendering : 22 hours

I was interviewed by “80 LEVEL” about this piece!
I have written a brief work flow about this work and some tips on how to create it.
If you are interested in fluid simulation in Blender, we hope you will take a look.

Still image01

Video version(Youtube)

Still image02

Still image03

Viewport01

Viewport02

85 Likes

Waaoohiiii… this show box on the desktop and i’m on holidays…pst listen! sshshhhshwhshhh shhshwhhs ffhhhhshehhss hhshhshhssss

1 Like

liked a lot. been trying as well with no luck, probably coz of my old comp

1 Like

Remarkable simulation. The frequency of the waves does not bother me. I particularly appreciate the simulation of wet sand when the wave recedes. Dynamic painting I guess?
Congratulation.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Thank you for watching!
As you said, I used Dynamicpaint to make the sand wet on the beach!

It’s an unstable feature, as it’s difficult to fine-tune the drying time, and it crashes during the bake, but the results are good!

Incredible, looks like a cute thing you’d find in a knick-knack store which I LOVE, and the way the water moves is just AMAZING

1 Like

I imagine easily that the settings are delicate. I don’t have much practice in fluid simulations. I am not surprised by the instabilities you mention because there is a lot of turbulence and energy dissipation in the rocks. All this must of course depend on the solver used and your configuration.
The result is worth it.
Simple remark: a small animation of the palm trees under the wind would perhaps increase the realism of the scene while justifying the amplitude of the waves? :desert_island:

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

My piece does not have a #featured tag and does not appear in the #featured row, is this a glitch in the system?
I would appreciate it if you could check…!

Not sure why this happened, I’m re-queuing it for today.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to respond!
I checked and my work is posted on Instagram and Twitter, but it doesn’t seem to show up in the #featured row on this site…

Ah interesting, I think I found the issue and added the missing tag.it should show up in 30 minutes.

1 Like

My artwork was successfully displayed!
Thank you very much for all your support.

1 Like

AMAZING!!!I’d like to swim there! :smiley: Who knows one day i can do a wonderful job like this? lol

1 Like

Thank you very much!
It takes an enormous amount of time for trial and error and rendering, but with the FLIP Fluids add-on, it’s easy to create rich fluid simulations!

I know all of the tech stuff is great. But, it’s just stunning to me! I love just watching it!

1 Like

Thank you!
Glad you like it!

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #animation category! You can vote for it here.

1 Like