Procedural gradient sphere tile

what node is this: distance?

Itā€™s a vector math node, distance mode outputs a float value of the distance between the two input vectors

as for these nodes that install as an addon
like the: BrickTricks-master you gave me

do you suggest any?

is there enough nodes that you install as an addon?
Where can I find ?

You mean something like this?

Thank you for your help

it is possible to increase the space between the circles randomly
and slightly deform their shape?

and scale x / y to deform on these axes?

what is the basis for the use of the vector channel?
I saw that it is used a lot and I didnā€™t understand the function

and node math? is it the same or similar to the: RGB mix?

If you search this forum you will find a few that have been shared (more like node groups and setups than add-ons).

One I always recommend is this one:

It gives you node inputs for the colour and position inputs of the colour ramp and you can do lots of fun things with it. Together with brick tricks it is my one of my favourites.

There are some commercial add-ons like ā€œGrungitā€

If you are interested in commercial add-ons

check out Blender Market and search materials, texturing, or node groups etc.

To answer this

Yes it is possible in many ways. If you look the example I posted earlier I have randomized the shape a bit with a noise texture, if not the gradients would just be circular.
I recommend you watch a few tutorials on nodes as there are many possibilities.
Sooner or later you will want to understand more about how nodes work and what they do.
This conference is excellent and will help you understand how vectors can be manipulated;

in the case of using a procedural texture as a voronoi in the vector channel:

the white area is where is the position of the circular gradient?

Like this?

2 Likes

can you refer me to a website for me to learn how to manipulate the vector channel like you do?

thanks

I have learnt the skill by playing around with nodes and exploring the web. But, there are a few tutorials I can recommend-

By Lance Phan ( YouTube)-

1. Node insanity made sane
  2. 2D VS 3D textures
  3. Space time manipulation part 1 & 2

CGMatter-

1. PRO-CEDURAL series

The book of shaders is useful if you are bit more advanced. It is a bit on the programmer side but if you understand the blender shaders you will be able to learn a lot from this one.

And there is the development thread on devtalk of OmarSquircleArt. He improve a lot of nodes a couple of years ago and posted a whole bunch of interesting examples:

is it possible to increase the resolution of a procedural map?

You mean the number of circles?

no

procedural maps in general:
musgrave, gradient, voronoi, etc ā€¦

increase the resolution so that they have more quality

Not sure I understand - procedural maps have essentially infinite resolution (i.e. they will never pixelate),

Are you talking about the detail - if so, you might want to check out this thread which could help with that.

Do you want the circles to have sharp borders?

no

I just want to have procedural maps with more qualities

4K resolution

Procedural textures have infinite resolution. If you are baking them out to maps, then you need to set your required resolution when baking.