Procedural Interior & Assets

Hello!

I wanted to continue exploring and experimenting with geometry nodes after finishing my big procedural interior showroom project (Procedural Interior Showroom with Geometry Nodes)

I set out to create a collection of procedural assets that I could place in the scenes I was able to make with my tool.

Here are some renders I made with the results:

I really enjoyed applying the things I had learned to smaller scale setups :smiley:

The assets I made are a lamp and a bookshelf:

3 indoor plant variations:

And a plinth/display case kind of object:

Other than the books, all the geometry is created through nodes. My aim was to make them very customisable, so parameters are included for most elements.

There were a few new things I tried when creating these procedural assets:

Something I used frequently in these setups was the float curve node to control the radius of curves, allowing a lot of freedom for creating custom shapes. It is quite fun making funky shapes for the lamp and the plants :smiley:

One challenge I encountered was trying to create the rows of books without instancing identical rows on top of each other. I was able to instead instance one long row of books along a line that had its position offset according to the width and height of each shelf. This made each row of books unique!

If you have any questions I would love to answer them, and of course feedback is always appreciated :smiley:

6 Likes