Procedural Medieval House Generator

A procedural house generator, everything is made with the geometry nodes and inside of Blender.
Took me 25 days to finaly get it working and fix it in a way that i can export my models with the textures and everything.

this is a preview of my node tree, couldnt get every detail on it, also because a lot of stuff is hidden in groups but i always like the look of a finished node tree :D.

I made 30 House Versions, for more infos you can check out my artstation post on that project, it includes all 30 houses with a sketchfab 3d model to each house.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KOLgRr

32 Likes

This is dope, nice work!

3 Likes

hey ! super cool ! Well done ! There are nice details here, the mix with model and textures work very well too !!
How do you manage to do the city scape ? is it all generated , or you made a few models and instance them ?

And great tree BTW :smiley: !

1 Like

Thanks man :slight_smile:
After i exported all the houses as fbx and baked the textures i spread them as instances over a landscape. But for that shot i had to reduce the texture resolution from 4k to 1k otherwise my Pc couldnt handle it.

2 Likes

Looking great.

The woods objects on top of roof does not make any sense, until the houses would be under construction.

Is Unwrapping done in Geometry nodes ?
Did you used many materials or it is some atlas material ?

1 Like

Hey, i used a bunch of materials, for the wood for the walls and windows and so on. And Unwrapping is mostly done in geometry nodes, except for the roof that had to be unwraped after i applied the while thing.

3 Likes

Talk about a time saver. That looks really handy.

1 Like

Hey @JohnSmith , I don’t see why you’ve been flagged …
Hope you’ll get your answer BTW, and welcome to BA ! I’m sure the next time will be ok :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks John, yeah baking is not the most fun thing in blender but i used an addon called bakelab2. It still took some time but with that i was able to bake everything over night. Also i dont know why you got flagged but welcome to the community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No they don’t have an interior. This was my first time creating something with the geometry nodes so i didn’t go that far to create an interior. The models are right now good for a city scene or something with a little bit of distance between the camera and the house, cause the textures and materials are not that detailed.

2 Likes

In the beginning it is a little bit difficult to get behind everything. But once you figure out how its working it gets way easier.

And for applying your nodes, did you put a realize instances nodes at the end? That was the thing i had to do to get around that issue :wink:

1 Like

The JohnSmith account originated from the same IP address as @Nico_Hintelmann . Seems like he’s cheering himself on. I’ll delete it.

Edit: @Mikerio_93 was from the same IP address as well.

@Nico_Hintelmann if we catch you doing this again you’ll be banned.

4 Likes

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #geometry-nodes category! You can vote for it here.